Completed Watchmen (Season 1) [HBO]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
'Watchmen' TV Series From Damon Lindelof in the Works at HBO
Lost and The Leftovers co-creator Damon Lindelof is reportedly in talks to develop a TV series adaptation of Watchmen for HBO. Lindelof's take for the DC Comics-inspired series won't be tied to the Watchmen series HBO had looked into developing a few years ago, but will instead serve as a fresh start for the network.
More info here

HBO_Watchmen_1024x1024.png

Last edited:
My only problem is Lindelof. I personally disliked Leftovers. I just hope he honors the source material for Watchmen.

And yes. One of my favorite too.

My only problem is Lindelof. I personally disliked Leftovers.

WHAT!? Really? Why? Did you watch every season?

Season 1 was ok. (and I can understand if you stopped there)
But Season 2 & 3 were Brilliant and probably the best show on TV.

I stopped there. A show for me needs to take me from the start. It's simply not good enough to expect me to wait around for it to get better. If there is something that captures my attention from the start I usually stick with it

I stopped there. A show for me needs to take me from the start. It's simply not good enough to expect me to wait around for it to get better. If there is something that captures my attention from the start I usually stick with it

Really? I don't think thats a fair way to judge a show.
Most shows have a weaker start because they are still figuring out what the series is and who the characters are.

I can think of tons of shows that were "so so" at the beginning then got A LOT better in the end. Some even have ended up being some of my favorite shows!

I understand that nobody has time to watch everything anymore... But some are worth checking out if you hear "it gets better". haha

Of course. But first impressions last, let's be realistic. You're not exactly going to tune in next week if it didn't float your boat. Otherwise you're just wasting your time. There has to be something appealing to bring you back to sitting around to be entertained for another half hour / hour etc.

The Leftovers to me, although seemed interesting at first, felt a little off. LOST on the other hand had my undivided attention from the first minute. Couldn't wait to see episode 2 either. THAT is how a show should be.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Of course. But first impressions last, let's be realistic. You're not exactly going to tune in next week if it didn't float your boat. Otherwise you're just wasting your time. There has to be something appealing to bring you back to sitting around to be entertained for another half hour / hour etc.

The Leftovers to me, although seemed interesting at first, felt a little off. LOST on the other hand had my undivided attention from the first minute. Couldn't wait to see episode 2 either. THAT is how a show should be.

Oh for sure. If a show isn't good enough there is no way I will continue watching.
But I have gone back to shows when I've heard they got better.

I will say this about the Leftovers. In my opinion, it is some of Lindlof's best work he has ever done (and this is coming from a guy whos favorite show is Lost.)

For me:
Season One: 7/10
Season Two: 10/10
Season Three: 9.5/10

Anyways, I'm not sure why I'm pitching you so hard to pick it back up. Haha
If you didn't like season 1, maybe you wont like the rest either...

• Thanks
Reactions: denizen