Weathering with You (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi - All The Anime Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: November 30, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Deluxe Edition) - All The Anime - Zavvi (Variant Deluxe Edition)
Price: £49.99
Notes: SteelBook contains 4K, Blu-ray, Special Features Blu-ray & CD soundtrack discs. Special Slipcase contains art cards, a poster, a sticker and a 104-page booklet
Variant Deluxe Edition does not include CD Sountrack

FB_IMG_1594986193972.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wonga
For those that missed out on the 4K Steelbook Deluxe Edition that was exclusive to Zavvi

There is another edition getting a release
Weathering With You 4K UHD + Blu-ray Deluxe Edition variant
PRE-ORDERS FOR THIS WILL LAUNCH AROUND 12pm ON FRIDAY 31ST JULY

All the Anime

Following us publishing details of our upcoming home video releases of Weathering With You a couple of weeks ago, we were delighted to see the response from fans excited to order their copy!

Once pre-orders launched, the Deluxe Edition exclusive to Zavvi.com sold out in just under 24 hours! Following that, we have had an outpouring of messages and emails from fans asking if there would be any more copies of the Deluxe Edition available, which brings us to this announcement today.

In light of all of your feedback, over the past week or so we’ve done some digging, analysed details, crunched some numbers and have managed to determine a way to craft a variant version of the Deluxe Edition available for those of you who missed our additional offering to order! As an important note, we call this a variant as there is one important change to the contents of this edition.

So today, we’re here to tell you all about the upcoming Weathering With You 4K UHD + Blu-ray Deluxe Edition variant, which will be released on 2nd November 2020 – the same date as the original Zavvi Exclusive Deluxe Edition.

If you want to skip the details and check out the listing at our shop, you can do so at the links below:

WWY-PROMO-DIAGRAM_UK_VARIANT_1_AL_Zavvi-copy-850x635.png

For those that missed out on the 4K Steelbook Deluxe Edition that was exclusive to Zavvi

All the Anime

Following us publishing details of our upcoming home video releases of Weathering With You a couple of weeks ago, we were delighted to see the response from fans excited to order their copy!

Once pre-orders launched, the Deluxe Edition exclusive to Zavvi.com sold out in just under 24 hours! Following that, we have had an outpouring of messages and emails from fans asking if there would be any more copies of the Deluxe Edition available, which brings us to this announcement today.

In light of all of your feedback, over the past week or so we’ve done some digging, analysed details, crunched some numbers and have managed to determine a way to craft a variant version of the Deluxe Edition available for those of you who missed our additional offering to order! As an important note, we call this a variant as there is one important change to the contents of this edition.

So today, we’re here to tell you all about the upcoming Weathering With You 4K UHD + Blu-ray Deluxe Edition variant, which will be released on 2nd November 2020 – the same date as the original Zavvi Exclusive Deluxe Edition.

If you want to skip the details and check out the listing at our shop, you can do so at the links below:

View attachment 479882
That's a good alternative for people that missed out but I'm really glad I got my order in as I would've hated to have missed out on the CD. The soundtrack was fantastic on Your Name and really looking forward to hearing what this one is like

I'd be breathing a little easier if my order at Zavvi changed from blue (order placed) to orange (processing). May have to put in an order for the CD-less version just to be safe. Thanks for the heads up, @paulboland

That's good to know about the variant release. Even though preorders are up for the US collector's set, I really like the UK slipcase artwork.

went for the AllTheAnime edition alternative - i have a 4K set up, and would have been nice to have that disc, but for some reason i really didn't want the extras (pretty unusual for me! :wow:) with the zavvi exclusive, even when it was available. plus, AllTheAnime upgraded my 'faulty' disc for Your Name even though i did not buy from them, so seemed only fair; what goes around... :thumbs:

Reactions: GeoRattray
For anyone who has seen this film, is it anywhere near as heartbreaking as A Slient Voice? I watched that one recently and am in two minds whether to keep my copy. It was a brilliant and emotionally provoking film

but I don't particularly enjoy seeing cute, nice, kind anime protagonists attempting suicide because they hate themselves so much. I think that film may have crossed the line of what people (well, me) want to see in anime.

For anyone who has seen this film, is it anywhere near as heartbreaking as A Slient Voice? I watched that one recently and am in two minds whether to keep my copy. It was a brilliant and emotionally provoking film

but I don't particularly enjoy seeing cute, nice, kind anime protagonists attempting suicide because they hate themselves so much. I think that film may have crossed the line of what people (well, me) want to see in anime.
"A Silent Voice" is an awesome anime.
the anime didnt cross the line imo. this is what happens all the time all over the world, so. the anime just showing our sick society and nothing more.

Is this a zavvi restock? Because if I'm spending 50 big ones I'd want the cd soundtrack included...
NO
Zavvi twitter post is in regards to 3 Disc Deluxe variant edition
See previous post I done in regards to a new Deluxe variant edition pre order on Friday July 31st at 12PM

All the Anime

View attachment 479882

Reactions: crib79
Appears to have been delayed.
Zavvi is showing 30th November now so I'm assuming ATA will be in the same situation, although theirs is still showing 2nd November currently

happy days. :) this is a pretty nice edition (i went for the 'variant deluxe' via AllThe Anime). it's a nice steel for a nice film. neither is as good as Your Name, but that's a high bar. plus, any film with this much close-up rain animation must have driven the animators mad. :wacky:

here's your j-card info:
the steel itself is nice, full gloss - yes full gloss in 2020, The Year of the Matte - with great wrapwaround artwork that really works with the figure top right, but stumbles just a tad on the spine. :facepalm: i guess they must have tried it and thought the title could not be read. the figure has a nice painterly appearance:

more under the spoiler (sorry for the crap vaseline lens shot):
the interior artwork is actually quite nice, a figure-on-the-cover's-view of the city, and it looks better in hand than my shot. the artwork's different for each disc, save for the soundtrack which is plain:
all in all, worth your time and money. :thumbs:

Last edited:
If the title had been embossed, I'd give the wraparound fail a pass (maybe). But as it is, I'm happy with the US steelbook for this one.