Wild Things (4K UHD Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: May 23, 2022
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £30.00 (Arrow Films) - £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: UHD disc only

Wild Things 4K UHD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I've been waiting for a better edition for decades!
Being a stupid teenager, was watching only newish movies at the time, so this one was the first, that taught me that the end can be 'bad' for the 'right' people. It also got me into the habit of watching deleted scenes, on DVD then, during end credits, and feeling every time as if they're just credits scenes further revealing some parts of the story.
Plus I was in love with Neve Campbell, so a perfect movie.

Now, if they'd release Goodbye Lover on BD at all, a similarly themed movie of everyone screwing each other over with the 'right' ending, that came out just a couple of months after Wild Things, I'd be even happier.

Neve Campell seems to play only in good movies. The Skyscraper-one from 2018 with Dwayne Johnson was also enjoyable. I hated the Party of Five-series, that is still playing on some TV-channels. It is so over the top dramatic and unrealistic to me and it just slides between a real series and sitcom-mainstream. Wild Things I remember as a feel-good movie,, that was very influenced of the success of the Cruel Intentions movie, but with more erotic content.

Wild Things I remember as a feel-good movie,, that was very influenced of the success of the Cruel Intentions movie, but with more erotic content.
You got that confused, Cruel Intentions is also pretty good, but came out a year after Wild Things.

Preordered 4k edition from arrow films.
What about a Zavvi steelbook in a slip, has same disc and cards.
I didn't notice that release at first, like the art here, more. Might get both.

• Informative
Reactions: komor
You got that confused, Cruel Intentions is also pretty good, but came out a year after Wild Things.

What about a Zavvi steelbook in a slip, has same disc and cards.
I didn't notice that release at first, like the art here, more. Might get both.
Yeah I'll start with this. Exakt same content it seems. Might get the steel later but not a fan of that front...

A cruel intentions premium would be sweet. Great movie and great soundtrack :headphone:.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Note

Ignore what Arrow and Zavvi websites says about including Blu-ray

4K UHD edition is 1 disc only

There is a separate Blu-ray limited edition

Only the steelbook editions so far is dual format (4K UHD+ Blu-ray)

Note

Ignore what Arrow and Zavvi websites says about including Blu-ray

4K UHD edition is 1 disc only

There is a separate Blu-ray limited edition

Only the steelbook editions so far is dual format (4K UHD+ Blu-ray)
thnx for the info. Even though their title says: (includes blu-ray).
many editions of this movie posted lately.

//N

thnx for the info. Even though their title says: (includes blu-ray).
many editions of this movie posted lately.

//N
The 4K UHD Amaray edition It's a copy and paste error from the steelbook release mentioning Blu-ray included on the Arrow Films UK and Zavvi UK website

The image clearly only shows 1 UHD disc and product details list 1 disc

Arrow Video USA website does not have the error mentioning Blu-ray included for the 4K UHD edition as it don't include Blu-ray

Arrow 4K UHD amaray limited editions have always been UHD only in regards to film
Some have included Blu-ray but only extras on those discs when included

In regards to Arrow It's only the steelbook limited edition releases that have been dual format

Standard editions a few was dual format but this is not the standard edition

The listing on Arrow and Zavvi website will be corrected before release date to match the USA release

Amazon UK and HMV does not mention includes Blu-ray with the 4K UHD edition

There is a separate Amaray Blu-ray Limited Edition

If you want a edition that includes both 4K UHD and Blu-ray get one of the Steelbook editions as they are Dual Format

Reactions: NateGrey
  • New 4K restorations of both the Original Theatrical Version and the Unrated Edition from the original camera negatives by Sony Pictures Entertainment
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Exclusive new audio commentary by director John McNaughton and producer Steven A. Jones
  • Commentary by director John McNaughton, cinematographer Jeffrey Kimball, producers Steven A. Jones and Rodney Liber, editor Elena Maganini and score composer George S. Clinton
  • Exclusive new interview with John McNaughton
  • Exclusive new interview with Denise Richards
  • Making of documentary
  • An Understanding Lawyer outtakes
  • Trailer
  • Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Anne Billson and Sean Hogan
  • Double-sided fold-out poster
  • Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sam Hadley