Windows 11

Well I took the plunge and bought the processor and thermal paste to install it. I should have loaded up VMWare and installed Win11 into it to see if I liked it or not first but all is well, I’m pretty sure I’ll like it.

SUCCESS !!!!!!

Win11-Success.jpg

Reactions: WKRP
If your really interested in trying out Win11 and you wanna check if your rig can run it or not download THIS TOOL and it'll tell you. MS has for some weird reason pulled their compatibility checker from their site and they just say it needs work. So evidently they wanna tweak it before they push it out again. If you wanna try it out before it's officially released like me. :) Go to your Win10 settings and go to >Windows Update>Windows Insider Program and sign up for it and it'll allow you to install a developer's build and you can try it out. Nice thing is that all your software is still installed after the update, which is real nice because I have a lot of software installed and it takes a gazillion years to reinstall it all. :LOL: Man I hope that's something they implement is the reinstalling of the OS without you having to reinstall all your software again.

The level of detail is amazing in Win11, like the attention to detail in just this little box. Depending on what dropbox your cursor is in, it puts a small blue line in it to help you know because sometimes trying to hunt for a blinking little line (cursor) is really hard on a big screen. Also look at the little small blue boundary that surrounds the box and of course the rounded corners. Also each box seems to float over the one below it while before it was just snapped on top. The level of detail is incredible.

detail.jpg

All flash and no substance?
I wholeheartedly don't agree but to each his own.

Have you tried it yet or are you going based on just what you've seen so far because there's a whole nother story under the hood altogether? But go on stay with windows 10 if you like, there are folks still on Windows 7 for that matter. Some people don't like the nicer things in life and the things that make difficult tasks into easier ones. But for me I'm all for making my life on the computer a more simple and enjoyable experience.

it's not officially out so of course it has bugs. I would not load beta/preview/whatever OS to my main system. even officially ready systems have had SP's so ... yeah.

At first it was real buggy but since then they've come out with a few cumulative updates that have fixed a lot of the issues. Startup is very quick now, I reach my login screen in about 8 seconds. Start menu has had a complete redesign, your gonna either love it or hate it, at first I wasn't too keen on it but it's growing on me now. Out of sheer habit I still start to drag my cursor over to the left bottom of the screen and then I remember that the start menu is in the center now. This can be changed by the way in the settings and make it appear back on the left. The system tray calendar has had a facelift and looks pretty snazzy, the notifications system has been refined and converged into the calendar pullout. Clicking on the network icon in the systray reveals a totally revamped popup that has airplane mode, focus assist, battery saver, night light and even the sind volume slider. Context menus have been totally redesigned as you can see from the image below and by clicking on Show More Options will bring up the old context menu.

New Context Menu when right clicking an image file.
context menu.jpg

The New Menu in Explorer has been redesigned and the ribbon has been removed.
new menu.jpg

View Menu has been redesigned.
View Menu.jpg

Rounded corners have been introduced as well as a cool looking border around the edges of whatever you have open, and the color is dependent on what have chosen as your accent color.
rounded corners.jpg

New Start Menu redesigned.
new start menu.jpg

That's just to name a few, there's lots of other cool features, too many to list here. I guess you'll just have to try it to find out.

Of course there will be some people that don't like it and stick with what they have. That's what's neat about the Microsoft Insider Program is you can preview it and you have 15 days to mess around with it and if you don't like it you can easily revert back to Win10 and you don't have to reinstall your apps when installing Win11 or reverting back to Win10. When it's finally released to the general public it'll be a free upgrade to Windows 10 users.