[WINNER CHOSEN[ Digitalbabe's NINJA WEEK 2018-Zero Dark Thirty Steelbook and more Giveaway # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
ninjaweek18-social.png

WINNER: SIRDIZZY via random.org

Hello Ninjas,

Welcome to NINJA WEEK 2018! Enter 100's of giveways, tag friends, and post around the forum during the most fun pop culture week of the year!

#bestweekever #ninjaweek

In my personal giveaway # 3 you will win all items pictured here including ninja swag and oop print items! Winner pays shipping.

To enter:

1) What are your favorite 5 music soundtracks from any films, on any format, and why?

2) How many movies do you own, approximately, on any format?

Good luck ninjas!
Digitalbabe NWGiveaway3.JPG

Last edited:
My top 5 favourite soundtracks, in no particular order are...

Black Rain - Because of Greg Allman's awesome 'I'll Be Holding On'

Halloween III - Because John Carpenter knows his way around a synthesiser.

Trick or Treat (1986) - Because the whole album is wall to wall awesomeness from Fastway.

Event Horizon - Because its great techno music from Orbital.

Chopping Mall - Because of its synthy goodness.

I own approx 800 blu rays.

Thanks for the awesome giveaway. #BestWeekEver

Lord of the Rings - Fantastic soundtrack that helps make the movies the epic releases they are
GOTG - Who cant enjoy the songs from this movie. They tie in greatly with the movie too.
Star Wars - Such iconic music. Watching John Williams conduct live last week was amazin!
Dark Knight - Such powerful moments are made with the music from the movie.
Lost Highway - This soundtrack is a hidden gem IMO.

Would love to add these movies to my 3000+ collection!

GOTG
Terminator 2
Baby Driver
Pulp Fiction
Jurassic Park score
Just a lot of relatable tunes for me stuff I could listen to at any moment

I’d say roughly 300 in my collection

Thanks for giveaway.

The Godfather
Lord of The Rings
Once Upon A Time In America
Once Upon A Time In The West
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

I own approx. 526 Blu rays.

LOTR - it flows so well through out the trilogy and ties it all together plus emotion
Lion King - Hans Zimmer put together some amazing beats and the african influence is great
Sicario- the tension created is amazing (RIP jóhann jóhannsson)
Drive - love the synthwave vibes it creates
Black Swan - Swan lake reworked into a masterpiece of an OST

close to 250 :thumbs:

Stranely...

Rock of Ages
Pulp Fiction
Baby Driver
Top Gun
Days of Thunder

My missus says way too many!!about 1500

Top 5 soundtracks are all on streaming, as I don't own a vinyl player. The 5 are: The Village, King Kong, Hellboy, Inception and Arrival.

My approx.film Count is at 2192. 2160 Blu-rays and 32 4K UHD.

Thanks for the giveaway!
My favorite soundtracks as far as I can remember right now:
Man from U.N.C.L.E
Taxi (1, 2, 3)
Atomic Blonde
Baby Driver
Fast & Furious

I like those soundtracks because the songs lift me up and always put me in a good mood.

I think I own about 100 movies in physical and a lot lot more in digital format.

Thank you for the giveaway @digitalbabe #NinjaWeek #BestWeekEver
Hope you are ready for a longish post. lol

1) Soundtracks:
- Star Trek 2, Wrath of Khan: A few tracks that are a little slow for my liking, but the rest of them were mostly 'confrontation' tracks. They built up the tension and were like a musical masterpiece, with the way they ran. "Surprise Attack", "Battle in the Mutara Nebula" and "Genesis Countdown" all make me relive the movie in my head.

- Tron Legacy: I was a little worried when I heard Daft Punk were doing the score. Yeah I like their tracks, but I wondered how they would tackle Tron. Upon hearing the Overture I didn't need to worry. I think they nailed it, "Recognizer" being a wonderful track as you imagine yourself flying over The Grid, "Rinzler" building up the tension as Sam Flynn realises this is for real, heck I could go on.

- The Dark Knight Rises: Yes the third one, because I feel it brought together the themes that Hans Zimmer had created for the Nolan-Gothamverse and made them 'feel' the most. "Rise" is hauntingly beautiful and I believe is the basis for "Aurora", a track that Zimmer composed in tribute to the victims of the Aurora Theatre shooting in Colorado. I would recommend everyone to go listen to "Aurora" on YouTube and just reflect.

- Christine (John Carpenter score): It had a great beat at points, more , but it also had a recurring theme that I just loved to listen to. You listen to "Moochie's Death" and you'll hear the theme I'm talking about. It's always going as if Christine is after you!

- Terminator 2: This is where Brad Fiedel built upon what he did for the first film and made it way better. The Terminator theme was more polished, and "It's Over/Goodbye" practically has me in tears when I'm imagining the Terminator shutting down after he is lowered into the molton steel. "Trust Me" is a track where I feel I can do anything. It plays when Arnie is raining merry hell on the cops with the 'damn minigun' and is just dishing it all out. Fiedel remastered the score for the T2 3D re-release which I believe I read somewhere that it was truly how he wanted it to sound.

2) Movies Total:
I think I'm between 200-300. I have a metal tin boxset that contains two MINT copies of the first two Terminator films on VHS! It's practically the first steelbook!

Hi, thanks for another awesome ga!
i would say:
Lost Highway
Drive
Kill Bill
Queen of the Damned
Trainspoting
I have around 900+ !

Thanks! #bestweekever

Drive - really unique
Whiplash - didn't want it to end
Baby Driver - Loved the mixes he did
November Criminals - Classics!
Interstellar - Beautiful music and scenes

I own a few dozen on cds

Schindler's List
Inception
Tale of Two Sisters
V for Vendetta
Moonlight

1257 movies!

AWESOME! :woot: Thanks for the opportunity @digitalbabe :drool:

5 Favorite Soundtracks:
Coco
John Wick 1 and 2
From Dusk Till Dawn
Kill Bill
Requiem for a Dream

And I own a mixture of over 2,000 blurays/DVD's/and VHS tapes :thumbs:

queen of the damned
hobbit
lord of the rings
sin city
heavy metal

easily over a 1000 on blu ray, dvd and vhs and the number is growing constantly :D:drool:

Thanks for the giveaway :thumbs:

Great giveaway and question! I'm a fan of Bear McCrary composing in movies as well as Le Matos so off the top:
1. Turbo Kid
2. 10 Cloverfield Lane
3. Colossal
4. for my rap fans: Judgment Day
5. and...8 Mile

I have 4,000 movies on physical dvd/blu-ray and about 2,000 digital

Thanks for the awesome giveaway!

1. Interstellar
2. Blade Runner
3. The Social Network
4. Drive
5. Psycho