Genre: Fantasy, Action

Director: Patty Jenkins

Cast: Gal Gadot, Kristen Wiig, Pedro Pascal, Chris Pine

Release: 2020-08-14

Attachments

• thr_splash-wonderwomen-b.jpg
    thr_splash-wonderwomen-b.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,945
@Space Cadet I'm pretty confident it'll make a billion.

The first one made $821 million worldwide and was pretty well received. Also, people are crazy nostalgic about the 80’s. All the trailer reactions I saw people were psyched with that Blue Monday track and Diana literally riding lightning. I see anywhere from $900m-$1.2b. This is a top 5 anticipated movie of 2020 for me.

Really loving that armour and all the posters... I imagine they're gonna make for some awesome premium editions!

Reactions: willbar84
Quite a lot of good art they are posting!

I'm a bit worried that the big summer films are going to get severely impacted by the current state of affairs though....

Same I thought your post was going to break the bad news as I’m just waiting for the inevitable day this gets delayed till August-ish but going by this latest article it’s still locked in for June 5th. Fingers crossed but this is WBs Golden Goose franchise so they will want to play their cards right, either way I will be there day one watching it twice just like I did with Birds of Prey once in the morning in a Dolby Cinema then later on in the evening at a 4DX showing.

Quite a lot of good art they are posting!

I'm a bit worried that the big summer films are going to get severely impacted by the current state of affairs though....
Hmm yeah, it's not looking good. Saw a rumour last night that they're thinking of releasing it through VOD though... Warner Bros denied it, of course.

I could see WB moving Dune into next year and releasing Wonder Woman in its place.

Quite possibly that’s due to come out in November currently right? Then there’s also Tenet in July wonder what will happen with this one as well as this is Nolan’s next tentpole film for WB.

The way things are no way is this coming out. Pretty much all of TV and Hollywood is closing down for the moment. 100% understandable. Don't think anyone is going to be in the mood to enjoy films or such like until this is all over.

via IndieWire

Warner Bros. Confirms ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Will Go to Theaters, Not Streaming

Despite reports that “Wonder Woman 1984” could bypass the big screen and head straight to streaming, Warner Bros. has confirmed to IndieWire that director Patty Jenkins’ DC tentpole will indeed get a full theatrical run. Even as studios such as Universal — which recently pushed the films “Emma,” “The Invisible Man,” and “The Hunt” to VOD platforms and announced a day-and-date release for “Trolls World Tour” — begin to modify their release strategies, Warners is sticking with its original plan to release the film nationwide.

Warner Bros. has not officially announced a shift in the release date, either, which is currently set for June 5, opening the gates to the summer movie season. With the current self-distancing and quarantine measures in place, studios are left unable to support their films with the requisite pageantry of junkets and premieres prohibited by social-gathering mandates.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18