Director: Patty Jenkins

Cast: Gal Gadot, Kristen Wiig, Pedro Pascal, Chris Pine

Release: 2020-08-14

Attachments

• thr_splash-wonderwomen-b.jpg
    thr_splash-wonderwomen-b.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,945
So some good new for us Canadians.
As of right now here in BC, I'm pretty sure all movie theaters are closed (Not sure if that is the case in the rest of Canada?) which means there was no way to watch WW84 on Dec 25th... Until now!

Warner Bros. has confirmed that Wonder Woman 1984 will be available both in theatres and through premium video on-demand (PVoD) services in Canada on December 25th.
The movie will be available to rent for $29.99 for a 48-hour period, according to the Canadian Press. It’s unclear what platforms it’s set to be available to rent on, but it will likely be Apple’s iTunes and Google Play.

With WB's slate of 2021 films all going to HBO Max / Theaters now too, I wonder if this will be standard going forward?

@tridon @Drum18 @rj531 @AlienKing @Shadow of Light @Thwip

Definitely ONE movie I wanted to see on the big screen to round out this abysmal year. Bummer! Just maybe after Jan 8, theatres might open otherwise, I guess I'll be waiting for the steelbook at this point because I don't have either service at home.

Holiday cheers!

Reactions: kaw
The way I look at it is, I was going to drop $30+ to see it in theaters anyways (2 tickets for my wife and myself).
So it not THAT big of a deal. But yeah, would have been better if you had longer then 48 hours with it. I'm just happy I have an option to see it finally!!!
Yeah... don't get me wrong, as you said, it's not the 30$... it's the 48 hrs timeframe that I don't really appreciate...
But yeah, they still need to make money to make more movies... so they are trying.

Reactions: kaw
As of right now here in BC, I'm pretty sure all movie theaters are closed (Not sure if that is the case in the rest of Canada?) which means there was no way to watch WW84 on Dec 25th... Until now!

Warner Bros. has confirmed that Wonder Woman 1984 will be available both in theatres and through premium video on-demand (PVoD) services in Canada on December 25th.
The movie will be available to rent for $29.99 for a 48-hour period, according to the Canadian Press. It’s unclear what platforms it’s set to be available to rent on, but it will likely be Apple’s iTunes and Google Play.

With WB's slate of 2021 films all going to HBO Max / Theaters now too, I wonder if this will be standard going forward?

Obviously not completely ideal, but under the circumstances, I’ll take it. I was already thinking about “other” methods to watch at home. Happy that I can see and support the film from home.
Thanks for the @ @kaw

Reactions: Drum18 and kaw
Had my ticket all booked for Wednesday but now Essex is Tier 3 it's been cancelled and the cinema has been forced to close :offtopic:

yeah I see the news earlier. Us and London in tier 3. Great. Yet gyms are allowed to stay open. Blows my mind

...and I loved it, Pedro Pascal and Kirstin Wigg will hopefully impress you with performances. Feelings of Donner's Superman madness at the beginning. Also ensure you stay for mid-credit scene, but anyone that knows the late seventies will already have predicted what happens :thumbs:

Recommended and want a trilogy...

Right I don't have to go out until Christmas day, that's it from me.

Seems like Cinexplex has the exclusive:

@kaw @tridon @rj531 @AlienKing @Shadow of Light @Thwip