Wonder Woman (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 9, 2019
Purchase links: Steelbook - Slipcase Edition (Pre-order live on November 26 around 9 AM UK Time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Slipcase Edition Limited to 1000

SteelBook - Slipcase Edition

12336042-8294713960730575.jpg 12336043-2024713961331955.jpg
12336042-1804713960789249.jpg 12336042-6484713961156773.jpg

Last edited:
The recent Warner Zavvi double-dips have been pretty decent. It 4K was beautifully spot gloss, so was Inception 4K and that was even debossed.

The previous Wonder Woman WWAs were all cheap matte finish so if this is at the very least spot gloss then it should end up the best WW steel.

I don’t remember all of them being matte finish. Do you have all of the variant steelbooks for WW?

Would you guys recommend this film? I gave up on the DC movies after Man of Steel but like how the Snyder-verse has given way to standalone movies. Really enjoyed Shazam, got Aquaman but not watched it, and heard a lot of praise for this movie.

Would you guys recommend this film? I gave up on the DC movies after Man of Steel but like how the Snyder-verse has given way to standalone movies. Really enjoyed Shazam, got Aquaman but not watched it, and heard a lot of praise for this movie.

Wonder Woman is absolutely worth watching IMO and you can watch it as a standalone film no problem. There is a super small tie-in with Batman v Superman that happens at the beginning, but you can absolutely ignore it the same way that Steppenwolf one-liner in Aquaman and the various Snyderverse tie-ins in Shazam can be ignored if you are after enjoying them as one-offs.

Reactions: Zagreus
Update regarding release and price. Also I might be being stupid here but I do wonder why the slip cover steelbook is showing up £5 cheaper then the standard. :rofl: oh well. Nice early Christmas present

Screenshot_20191123-191019_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that's why you missed many gems :p :D

A large amount of my steelbooks are “gems” but I also open them (gasp!) and use them (gasp!) and let other people touch them (gasp!) so I’m a heathen to probably most of you anyway lol.

Well, he is similar to our friend virkia, who does not collect steelbooks for the sake of collecting them, he only critiques them. :LOL:

I only collect steelbooks for the movies that I want nicer versions of. If it isn’t good enough in some way or a movie I don’t care about, then I won’t get it. Every collector is different.

1nvrYhn.jpg

I‘m very curious if this will end up with the same cheap matte finish as the Germany exclusive 2D steelbook with the exact same art. If so, I’m fine with what I have.

ZeN2Z35h.jpg

Either they will both be £24.99 or they will swap the prices around. But I’m guessing both will be £24.99 as the normal version isn’t showing X amount off yet. Both will most likely have the same release date too, they just need to update listings

Update regarding release and price. Also I might be being stupid here but I do wonder why the slip cover steelbook is showing up £5 cheaper then the standard. :rofl: oh well. Nice early Christmas present

View attachment 455887
Slipcase is showing the save amount £5.00
RRP price £29.99
Retail price £24.99

Steelbook on it's own is showing RRP price only £29.99 at the moment no save amount listed yet
Price will likely change to £24.99 when going live or just before

Zavvi often list RRP price first with listings

Reactions: Orange Splice
Has this steelbook be done before f so where? I know the slipcover is same as jb hifi ww steelbook. So I might skip the slip edition and just get the steelbook if there big difference in price.