World War Z (4K + Blu-ray) (Scream Factory) [USA]

5t33lb0y

Premium Supporter
Dec 31, 2020
Release date: July 25, 2023
Purchase links: Shout Factory - Amazon
Price: $35.99 (Shout) - $29.99 (Amazon)

WoWaZ_UHD_PS_72dpi_360x.png

Movie will be released by Scream Factory and according to Bullmoose listing it'll be 3 disc set. No release date yet, but tentatively in July this year.
Hope for unrated cut on 4K and rated on BD.

EDIT: 3 disc set confirmed with both runtimes - theatrical and extended cut. No word yet as on which disc both cuts will be. Added release date and purchase link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: djjez83
I'm just for upgrade of disc to 4K. For me DTS HD-MA is already fantastic and giving this visual upgrade it's all it needs. Just hope it's EE version on UHD and not theatrical.
This one needs premium treatment.

still waiting on Plain Archive to release their deluxe edition as listed 2018, which i hope still comes true with this 4k to add.

Not mine :) but

For those who are interested in unrated cut and 4K disc - someone on the other forum (blu-***) contacted them - SF - and got response that 4K will only contain theatrical cut, while BD will contain both!
I already cancelled preorder as i don't need this cra*.
Good luck to all those who're buying this theatrical 4K cra*.

• Informative
Reactions: MM3
Not mine :) but

For those who are interested in unrated cut and 4K disc - someone on the other forum (blu-***) contacted them - SF - and got response that 4K will only contain theatrical cut, while BD will contain both!
I already cancelled preorder as i don't need this cra*.
Good luck to all those who're buying this theatrical 4K cra*.

Bah. Thanks for the info. And, yeah, I'll be passing. Been hoping for a 4k unrated cut steel for ages... I guess I'll be waiting longer.

Regarding previous post - from other forum:

If I'm not mistaken, no definitive word has yet been posted as to whether or not the Unrated version will be released on 4K in this release.

So, I contacted Shout Factory in that regard and received the following response:

Love to hear from our fiery fans.

The 4K is the theatrical cut; Blu-ray has both.

Best,
SF

Reactions: Chievera