Price: €29.99

279646766_10158926008413020_6762176443213245015_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ordered cover a now together with The Phone-Mediabook

Attachments

• The-Phone_MB_Packshot-CLEAN.jpg
    The-Phone_MB_Packshot-CLEAN.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 43
Ah - this (The Phone) is a remake of Frequency (2000) with Dennis Quaid - then it can´t be bad. It was on my list, but in the meantime I completely forgot what´s it about. Has some decent reviews dough.

Wonder if we'll have to go down the same route as this if we want Pearl and Maxxxine in 4k...
Doesn't Pearl have some German dialogue though? If so, could we potentially get a 4k German edition with no English subs for the German dialogue?
There is a couple of short conversations with mother in German.
I hope they release both in mediabooks.
Where's Pearl already? It's out on BD in US...

Reactions: leelee17
YES, Ti west does it all!
I am very impressed, he is the Director, Editor, Producer, and the Writer! :dizzy:
Yeah, he's one of my top 3 favorite new writer-directors, alongside Joe Begos (Bliss, VFW), and Ana Lily Amirpour (The Bad Batch, Mona Lisa and the Blood Moon). It's my early millennial generation, that grew up on the same kind of movies, and are now making films we'd like to watch!

Reactions: Billy Talent
I only watched the trailer, but it seems this retro-style is very Wes Craven inspired and the setting is kind of Grindhouse mixed with modern horror. Will see if it´s good. I sure mentioned that I´m a Wes Craven fan and think his 70s movies are awesome and he tried to hold up that style even in the times of Evil Dead etc. and didn´t jump on the train so early. Deadly Blessing has the Hell-scene at the end, but it is clear, that was just filmed, because it was famous at that time and it has nothing to do with the movie itself and seems to be kind of ironical. Summer of Fear I also liked very much. People under the Stairs don´t know Scream was good again. Who directed the SOHO-one? That one was crazy man and the last good horror-movie I watched. Here my awaitings are high and I had to get it, Good I waited - seems like Capelight is the last label who brings some discounted Mediabooks on special-days like Black Friday, there was nothing else on sale except of The Phone and it is a luck I didn´t buy them before, otherwise it would have been very disappointing. Bought Mulholland Drive Blu-Ray SE scanavo Edition and The Wicker man as well, just for completion. MD is not available in the Arthaus shop (now part of Plaion) anymore and contains the 4K-restoration and comes with booklet, Instead of the new designed cover, that is used on the French edition, they used the original artwork, which I like as well, maybe a bit better.
1669493477438.png
1669493513144.png

Last edited:
I only watched the trailer, but it seems this retro-style is very Wes Craven inspired and the setting is kind of Grindhouse mixed with modern horror. Will see if it´s good. I sure mentioned that I´m a Wes Craven fan and think his 70s movies are awesome and he tried to hold up that style even in the times of Evil Dead etc. and didn´t jump on the train so early. Deadly Blessing has the Hell-scene at the end, but it is clear, that was just filmed, because it was famous at that time and it has nothing to do with the movie itself and seems to be kind of ironical. Summer of Fear I also liked very much. People under the Stairs don´t know Scream was good again. Who directed the SOHO-one? That one was crazy man and the last good horror-movie I watched. Here my awaitings are high and I had to get it, Good I waited - seems like Capelight is the last label who brings some discounted Mediabooks on special-days like Black Friday, there was nothing else on sale except of The Phone and it is a luck I didn´t buy them before, otherwise it would have been very disappointing. Bought Mulholland Drive Blu-Ray SE scanavo Edition and The Wicker man as well, just for completion.
You should watch The House of The Devil (if you like that retro vibe) a horror movie by Ti West, when I first watched it back in 2009 I thought it was a 80's flick.

Last Night In Soho was by Edgar Wright, I'm sure you heard of him before: Baby driver, Shaun of the Dead, Scott pilgrim vs the world and more you probably seen before.
It reminded me very much of Perfect Blue the anime movie.

You should watch The House of The Devil (if you like that retro vibe) a horror movie by Ti West, when I first watched it back in 2009 I thought it was a 80's flick.

Last Night In Soho was by Edgar Wright, I'm sure you heard of him before: Baby driver, Shaun of the Dead, Scott pilgrim vs the world and more you probably seen before.
It reminded me very much of Perfect Blue the anime movie.
Allright - thanks for the Info. Shaun of the Dead I watched recently. It´s very stupid (in a good way).

Last edited:
The House of the devil is part of my collection already. Maybe I should watch it before. Has this nice artwork, I love it
It´s the movie February confused that - has devil in the german name. House of the Devil was also released as Mediabook from Cinestrange recently in different cover variants. most sold out now I know why
Pearl seems to have no release here, yet

Attachments

• 91duwYlqugL._SL1500_.jpg
    91duwYlqugL._SL1500_.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 40