Zodiac (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 5, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 17, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Director's Cut

Zodiac Zavvi Steelbook.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MM3 and MrSquifler
It seems Google Mail doesn't search further back, than 10 years, and I haven't been cataloging what I bought for longer, so it's often hard to remember, what I got.
But the first and last Zodiac edition I got, was the 2-disc HD DVD from 2008, with 'envelope letter' cover.
Haven't finished watching the movie ever either, after turning it off during a scene, that disturbed me strongly.
First it was extremely boring, and then calmly and detailingly sadistic.

I love this movie but this is an ugly steelbook. Will keep the previous BR I have. Image & sound were already perfect.
I'd have to disagree, the picture quality needs an upgrade, in some of the darker scenes the blacks or real smudgy. Surprised this hasn't yet had a 4k once-over.

now I saw the details for this steelbook ... no extras on a second disc and extras in SD .... I will cancel this preorder !

now I saw the details for this steelbook ... no extras on a second disc and extras in SD .... I will cancel this preorder !
Oh, right. Well, the HD DVD I got, and BD of the same time, were on 2 discs only in US it seems, they have extras in HD.
ALL other releases, in Europe, UK, Japan, etc, stuck 3 and a half hours of documentaries on the same disc, as the film, thus had to make them in SD.
You'd be buying this edition, as there's no UHD, only for a steelbook, which isn't great, so...

• Thanks
Reactions: vinny and Punker76
As I previiously mentioned in post#36
If you want the best version of this film in regards to picture and sound quality and extras get the USA or Canada 2 disc Warner or Paramount Blu-ray release as in either amaray or steelbook

Warner UK/EU releases of Zodiac are inferior to USA/Canada releases