$999 50" Seiki Ultra HD TV

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Link

81uR%2BWg8x3L._SL1500_.jpg

OMG - the Ultra HD TV war is now officially on like Donkey Kong!!!!!

Now let's see that 100 inch 4K TV under $5000 by year's end :hilarious:

Where's me a 4k player!? lol.

Seriously why is this one THAT much cheaper ... what have they gone cheap on... or is sony just killing us all.

Im actually in the market for a new tv right now ... but im damn near leaning towards a really good projector.

Reactions: Marina Blue

Seriously why is this one THAT much cheaper ... what have they gone cheap on... or is sony just killing us all.

Im actually in the market for a new tv right now ... but im damn near leaning towards a really good projector.

sorry for the offtopic but cant the oppo 105 handle 4K ?

Take care
John

Yeah, I think it's one of those things where Seiki and some other 'off-brands' will compete based on price to try to get some of the earlier adopters. But other brands will price based on name and perhaps more developed features. Similar thing happened with HDTV and brands like Vizio. But Vizio ended up being able to not just sell on price, but on features, as well and successfully competed with more expensive HDTV brands. Time will tell...

I watched a video review of this tv on Cnet.

here is one thing that has me interested, it's hooking up my computer to it, from what I understand, its one of the wow factors because of the native resolution, instead of the 1920 x 1080.

Well either something else is coming along or no one is buying this because Amazon just dropped this baby down to $1095, almost 33% off after only less than 2 months on the market. I am going to pull the trigger on this when it hits $700 :)

How do you feed it the 4K signal does HDMI handle such a hi res? :cool: though!

the answer is yes,
I talked to a Sony rep and he said current HDMI cables are quite capable for 4K content. So pay attention everyone, do not buy overpriced specific 4K HDMI cables when they start showing up in stores. I will always get mine at Amazon or NewEgg

Reactions: pmartin252
It would be great with a 4K TV, but I love my Panasonic to much at the moment. And still would need a 4K player too. But it is great to see companies pushing the price tag down.

Was there not talk of bring out a new replacement for hdmi ? Can't remember the name but it uses Ethernet cables, cheaper, longer and so called a better way to handle 4K

I got a Sony 4K & Blu-ray player from B&H Photo in NYC last year, it was quite reasonable.

This is so cheap, the prices in Europe are so high by comparison.

I was thinking about buying a good LED TV in UK for between £1,000-£1,500.

But for this price for the 4K, i could fly to the US, pick one of these up, fly back and pay customs and it would be cheaper.

Any downside to taking a trip to NYC to buy this?