Early, Early Bird Black Friday Ads/Rumor thread[Closed-see retailer threads]

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA

Hi All, retailers start sending out very early sales about this time of year. As usual our Black Friday/Cybermonday forum will be active again here soon. In the meantime, stay updated on when the Black Friday forum goes live, by checking the 'Hot Deals' forum. Every year there are some great deals posted by members and Staff, that cover retailers from around the world.

In the meantime, if you see any very early sales that are getting referred to as 'Early Bird' Black Friday/Holiday sales from retailers, please feel free to share in this thread.

Thanks & enjoy!

ADS as of 10/30/2013

Ads: (courtesy BFads)

Amazon Toy Ad

Best Buy Doorbusters open 6p.m. on Thanksgiving

Gamestop

Harbor Freight

Macy's (will open 8pm Thanksgiving)

Radio Shack Ad

Toys R US Toybook

Toys R US Adscan

Walmart Toybook Scan

black friday early early bird sale 2013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope we get some good deals this year. Couple of things I am waiting on till BF!!!
Thanks for the update!

Kmart to open at 6am on Thanksgiving.

Despite some pushback from consumers and staffers about Black Friday deals creeping into Thanksgiving, there are already signs that indicate even more retailers will again open their doors for Black Friday shopping on Thanksgiving. For example, Macy's will open four hours earlier than last year, while JCPenney will commence a full 10 hours earlier.

And just this morning, both Kmart and Sears weighed in as well; Kmart announced that its stores will open at 6 am on Thanksgiving — the earliest confirmed time we've seen yet this year — while Sears has opted for the now-standard 8 pm. Interestingly, despite the clamor about earlier and earlier hours, our archives show that Kmart has opened at 6 am on Thanksgiving since at least 2010. However, last year, the store made sure to close from 4 pm until 8 pm on Thanksgiving, likely as a break for its employees. This year, Kmart will remain open straight through until 11 pm on Black Friday.

Even if a store is hesitant to start its commercial sales on a national holiday, the demand to be first and remain strong in the face of competition has forced vendors of all sorts to consider earlier Black Friday store hours. In fact, an executive vice president at JCPenney was quoted by the Associated Press, lamenting the fact that JCPenney was one of the last retailers to open during Black Friday in 2012. We're sure that JCPenney, and many other stores, are hoping to remedy that this time around.

If all this sounds overwhelming, then be sure to bookmark this page, as we'll be updating the charts below with all the latest confirmed and rumored/projected Black Friday store hours. Alternatively, click here to receive an email alert whenever we post an update. And be sure to visit our Black Friday hub for all the latest news about the big shopping event.

Reactions: Jason Bourne
I will try to get everything I want online this year (mostly BD'S) THEN I *MIGHT venture out and see if any movies I can still scoop up.

I have mixed feelings with stores opening earlier every year .

Will be keeping my eyes peeled on Amazon.com

Amazon.co.uk had a couple of decent bargains last year, so I'll be keeping my eyes on that too

Hey Herp, I know I saw an announcement of upcoming PS4 game deal, so we may see some promotion. If anyone sees them, we'll post!

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

Reactions: herpderp
no deals on xbox one games? :(

Im sure more will be in the target/best buy/ and walmart ads whenever those get released .

Edit

Page 27 of toys r us has a buy one get one 40%off on all games. But the only xbox one games shown is nba live 14

Last edited:
Reactions: herpderp
Per multiple Black Friday sites:

"Best Buy just announced that they will begin their Black Friday 2013 sale at 6pm Thanksgiving Day.

Claiming that "millions of people made it clear that they wanted to shop on Thanksgiving evening," Best Buy adjusted their holiday plans and effectively called the bluff of everyone who claims they will absolutely not shop on Black Friday.

The press release also mentioned that Best Buy will have "multiple doorbuster deals throughout the night on Thanksgiving and into the morning on Black Friday," possibly mimicking Walmart's 3-Event sale structure from last year (where different sets of items went on sale at varying times throughout the night/morning).

Speaking of, Walmart is the last remaining big box store yet to announce their Black Friday sale hours. They were also helped lead the charge of moving Black Friday sales starts to Thanksgiving Day. With Best Buy's 6pm announcement (and Toys R Us opening at 5pm), is there a chance Walmart opens up even earlier? We'll find out soon. "

Reactions: Xavier
Per multiple Black Friday sites:

"Best Buy just announced that they will begin their Black Friday 2013 sale at 6pm Thanksgiving Day.

Claiming that "millions of people made it clear that they wanted to shop on Thanksgiving evening," Best Buy adjusted their holiday plans and effectively called the bluff of everyone who claims they will absolutely not shop on Black Friday.

The press release also mentioned that Best Buy will have "multiple doorbuster deals throughout the night on Thanksgiving and into the morning on Black Friday," possibly mimicking Walmart's 3-Event sale structure from last year (where different sets of items went on sale at varying times throughout the night/morning).

Speaking of, Walmart is the last remaining big box store yet to announce their Black Friday sale hours. They were also helped lead the charge of moving Black Friday sales starts to Thanksgiving Day. With Best Buy's 6pm announcement (and Toys R Us opening at 5pm), is there a chance Walmart opens up even earlier? We'll find out soon. "

6pm is not bad i would have personally enjoyed a 7 or 8pm .
What I am interested in most with best buy with the way they have now structured the "new rewards zone plans" if and when they will be doing advanced sales a week before like they did last year. Now last year they had serious serious issues when the site crash and they had a lot of upset people. I managed to get stuff ordered 3 minutes before I was supposed to leave for work.

I will say I do like the stagger effect walmart did last year. It was a lot less nuts with how they spaced things out .

Per Bfads:

Sneak Peek of Best Buy's Black Friday Doorbusters
Best Buy Black Friday UPDATE: The Best Buy employee is continuing on his press circuit and is leaking more door buster information, as he just unveiled three new items that are confirmed to be part of the Best Buy Black Friday sale!

The new items are:
Insignia 39" 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV - $169.00 (reg. $249.99)
LG 55" 1080p 120Hz HDTV - $499.99 (reg. $1000+)
ASUS 15" Touchscreen Laptop w/ Windows 8 - $249.00 (reg. $500+)
With new Best Buy Black Friday doorbusters being revealed daily, we have a sneaking suspicion that we might end up seeing the full ad sooner than we originally expected!
The first Best Buy Black Friday doorbusters have leaked by way of a local TV station in Little Rock, Arkansas!

KARK invited a Best Buy "Blue Shirt" employee to preview some of Best Buy's Black Friday deals, where the employee provided us with valuable tidbits including the fact that Best Buy is, again, planning to leak their ad online, weeks in advance of Black Friday!

While the anchor rushed the employee through the feature, we did learn of three Best Buy Black Friday doorbusters:
Jawbone Jambox - $99.99 (reg. $149.99)
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" - $99.99 (reg. $199.99)
Entire Stock of Dyson Vacuums - 25% Off
And from the pan of the items, we know that Best Buy will also have an ASUS laptop and unnamed tablet available as part of their doorbuster sale.

Last year Best Buy leaked their Black Friday ad on November 8, which is this Friday, so there is a decent chance we see the Best Buy Black Friday ad very soon!

Reactions: Xavier
Yes, craziness and great bargains on the way. As usual everyone is invited to contribute awesome deals they see-just post them in the main or appropriate subforum. Thanks all!

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

Deal Hunter?

Visit the Back Friday/Holiday forum at hidefninja.com to chat bargains 24-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.