Multi Metaphor: ReFantazio Collector's Edition

Sep 21, 2021
9157uB0LPXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

amazon.com
amazon.de

Nice looking steelbook, but sadly the gameplay doesn't do it for me.
Usually the same with these things

The niche games or non anticipated AAA games will get some amazing, colourful steelbooks but the big blockbuster games are usually bland, boring and safe in comparison.

Usually the same with these things

The niche games or non anticipated AAA games will get some amazing, colourful steelbooks but the big blockbuster games are usually bland, boring and safe in comparison.
Absolutely agree my friend! I'm working on stopping that and fixing things with much more design influenced steelbooks for AAA games

Btw, with say Blasphemous 2 with that ugly ass logo and bare back was likely paid & designed by Scanavo themselves as they did the terrible design for Mario Bros movie & Zelda steelbook.

Absolutely agree my friend! I'm working on stopping that and fixing things with much more design influenced steelbooks for AAA games

Btw, with say Blasphemous 2 with that ugly ass logo and bare back was likely paid & designed by Scanavo themselves as they did the terrible design for Mario Bros movie & Zelda steelbook.
Oh totally. Those were terrible lazy designs
It just feels like laziness to me, like if they can't be arsed to come up good art then just use the standard cover with a nice glossy finish or something.

Take these for example. The standard box art is great, I would have preferred that than the bland logo with depressing colours. Sometimes I feel like colour costs more or something when printing.

1234-min.png

• Informative
Reactions: JRodDirector
Oh totally. Those were terrible lazy designs
It just feels like laziness to me, like if they can't be arsed to come up good art then just use the standard cover with a nice glossy finish or something.

Take these for example. The standard box art is great, I would have preferred that than the bland logo with depressing colours. Sometimes I feel like colour costs more or something when printing.

Exactly!! This exact same sentiment. The thing that really blows my mind is publishers are paying upwards of $30K for design work from Scanavo when my studio does it for $5K for a standard premium design for indies.