paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 20, 2017
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - Zoom - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Zavvi - Zoom - Hmv) - £27.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Includes Resin Magnet + Comic Book

91kVD0XBXHL._SX342_ (1).jpg

329566-da3730a0ad145fc515cabb267f044be0.jpg

Last edited:
Sony is screwing the non-4K owners by not featuring Atmos audio on the 2D version.

Atmos & HDR are pretty much the main selling point for UHD blurays. Its not exclusive to it but alot of Studios like to make it only available on the 4K as it gives it more of a selling point.

Sony is screwing the non-4K owners by not featuring Atmos audio on the 2D version.

Kinda like how you can only get certain bonus features on a Blu-ray that aren't included on a DVD?
Does anybody know if they have done that yet with 4K over Blu-ray?

To make people consider buying the 4K disc? I'm not talking about audio options.
I'm specifically talking about content.

Kinda like how you can only get certain bonus features on a Blu-ray that aren't included on a DVD?
Does anybody know if they have done that yet with 4K over Blu-ray?

To make people consider buying the 4K disc? I'm not talking about audio options.
I'm specifically talking about content.
Most UHD discs only contain the movie. Bonus features are on the BD.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Stygian
Most UHD discs only contain the movie. Bonus features are on the BD.

Actually now that you mention it, I did wonder about that. And 3D discs as well?
I was looking at the back of the J card for the GOTG Vol. 2 Steelbook and that seems to be the indication as well.

That everything is on the blu-ray and only the movie is on the 4K and 3D discs.

Atmos & HDR are pretty much the main selling point for UHD blurays. Its not exclusive to it but alot of Studios like to make it only available on the 4K as it gives it more of a selling point.
Paramount, Universal and WB use DolbyAtmos (universal used DTS-X a few times) on BDs as well, while Disney, FOX and Sony don't

• Thanks
Reactions: thewoe
Really wish I'd pulled the trigger on one of these magnet SteelBook® versions. I didn't note any Group Buys, does any HDN member have a copy they wouldn't mind parting with? I didn't read through all 9 pages of the thread, but perhaps the HMV version also included a 4K disc? If that is the case, obviously that would be my first choice, but at this point, beggars can't be choosers.

Let me know if anyone can help.

Really wish I'd pulled the trigger on one of these magnet SteelBook® versions. I didn't note any Group Buys, does any HDN member have a copy they wouldn't mind parting with? I didn't read through all 9 pages of the thread, but perhaps the HMV version also included a 4K disc? If that is the case, obviously that would be my first choice, but at this point, beggars can't be choosers.

There is no need to read all pages in the thread, just read the first post (or the title...) and do a search in the forum.....
This steelbook is 2D+3D only. HMV got the 2D+3D+4K, but it's the other steelbook, not this one
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-2d-blu-ray-steelbook-hmv-exclusive-uk.87073/

Last edited:

I have a pre order on Zavvi I was about to cancel (since I pre ordered one in France)

Reactions: Thwip

This is available on zoom for £22.50 with the 10 percent discount code