Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Group buy: click here to join
Notes: 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, Bonus Blu-ray Disc and Comic

02-484043.jpg

03-484043.jpg
01-484043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I don't like about the design is the placement of the Marvel Studios logo on the spine.

It should have been right in front of the title, not so high up. That way it would have centralised the title and matched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 better (I keep my MCU movies in release order).

As for the missing disc, while I don't care one bit about it, I might still try and get some money back 'cause a fiver is always handy.

The only thing I don't like about the design is the placement of the Marvel Studios logo on the spine.

It should have been right in front of the title, not so high up. That way it would have centralised the title and matched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 better (I keep my MCU movies in release order).

As for the missing disc, while I don't care one bit about it, I might still try and get some money back 'cause a fiver is always handy.

At least they were kind enough by not slapping it on the front like WB does it on DC Steels lol.

Oh yeah, UK gets a fully loaded release with gloss finish at a good price whereas other retailers are trying hard to dress up WWA matte Steel at double the price.

Received this 'helpful' response from HMV customer services today regarding the missing disc

Dear Craig

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Spider-man Homecoming 4K Steelbook.

After investigating this query for you, I can confirm that this item is indeed a 3 disc edition and not a 4 disc edition as advertised. This item was incorrectly advertised on our website and we apologise for this mistake. I would like to reassure you that all features advertised at time of purchase are still correct and that all bonus content is contained on the blu-ray disc format. I have forwarded your feedback to the website development team and they will be updating this information on our website as soon as possible and we will do our upmost to ensure that this doesn't happen again in the future. Apologies again for any disappointment or inconvenience caused by this.
I do hope that I have answered your query however if you do have any more questions regarding this item then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Thank you for shopping with store.hmv.com.

Kind regards,
Dale

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisPatt
It was helpful. You emailed them and they got back to you about it after investigating and apologised.

It wasn't helpful because I had a preorder for a 4 disc set and got a 3 disc set, telling me all the bonus content from said fourth disc is on the blu ray isn't true as we know several retailers have included the bonus disc as well as the other discs. People can trivialise it however they like saying it's only "20 minutes" worth of extras but I had a long standing preorder for 4 disc set, that's what I expect to get.

If I go into a cafe a buy a full breakfast with everything listed on the menu for £3 and then it comes without toast, I don't just say to myself "oh well, no toast but thats fine cause i've got great value on my plate", I say where the bloody hell is my toast cause I paid for what was advertised and expect to get that.. I suppose on one hand a cafe would give me extra bacon or an egg if they had no bread but I didn't even get so much as a goodwill gesture here, just a half assed apology

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Liking the look of this. Just waiting for mine to arrive due to having my original order cancelled due to card changing.

I shall also be emailing them regarding the missing disk. I agree with both parties to an extent. It's not the end of the world by any means but it is meant to be there as it was advertised.

If the disc didn't exist and all the content was indeed on the bluray they I'd have no quibble but we know it exists in other releases.

Try replying like this in eBay and you see item not as described case opened within minutes lol.

My concern is some got a part refund and some have been told to Fizz Off. Consistency is key here. Either issue part refunds to everyone or send an apology reply like the above. If people are still unhappy then just accept returns with a free returns label.

I was never a fan of the artwork until I got it in hand, the front is nice especially in gloss, the back art work kinda sucks, generally not a fan of the concept style painted artwork on steels like this.

The front image is odd in itself, how has he propelled himself so high considering all the buildings are low to the ground... didn't they even make a joke about this in the movie? lol

Try replying like this in eBay and you see item not as described case opened within minutes lol.

My concern is some got a part refund and some have been told to Fizz Off. Consistency is key here. Either issue part refunds to everyone or send an apology reply like the above. If people are still unhappy then just accept returns with a free returns label.

Where have you seen reports of partial refunds being offered mate? and how much have they been refunded?

I think it's a great looking steelbook, the colours look great, love the artwork, title on the spine and nice gloss finish too. It has Blu-ray, 3D and 4k versions of the movie and all for £25! Plus there's a free comic too! Couldn't care less if a 20 min DVD isn't included, I think it's a bargain and much better than a lot of other recent MCU steelbooks :thumbs:

Last edited:
Just to clarify on my post (418) - when i got to the till to purchase this, I automatically got £5 off my next 4K purchase. It came printed with the receipt. I didnt mention anything about a missing disc. :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
All the talk of a 20 min dvd when it was a bonus blu ray disc thats actually missing. Would people still be dismissing this if it was the comic book that was missing or the 3D disc?

Liking the look of this. Just waiting for mine to arrive due to having my original order cancelled due to card changing.

I shall also be emailing them regarding the missing disk. I agree with both parties to an extent. It's not the end of the world by any means but it is meant to be there as it was advertised.

If the disc didn't exist and all the content was indeed on the bluray they I'd have no quibble but we know it exists in other releases.
Totally agree it's not the end of the world, and I'm not particularly bothered about the bonus disc, either (especially if it's just a 20 minute DVD as others have reported!).

However, retailers do need to be aware (or made aware) of the possible consequences of such errors, should they be more material. Then they might take more care to get their facts right in the future.

POTENTIALLY, this COULD have been a significant bonus and a unique selling point for this particular set over any others available in the market, leading to a lot of disappointed and dissatisfied customers who could quite rightly claim they were misled. This clearly isn't the case with this set, as I think we were all quite happy that it contained the 4K AND 3D discs, plus the standard 2D blu-ray, but just thought that we were getting an additional bonus as well. Personally, all I really needed was a 4K release with the standard blu-ray as I have no need for 3D discs, but better this than no 4K steelbook release at all.