Taiwan SteelBooks™ Thread

earthscope

Ableton Suite 10 /PUSH 2
Premium Supporter
Sep 21, 2012
Paris.
After SlimJim Started the great thread for Japan Steelbooks I thought it would be great to have a thread for Taiwan Steels.

A thread where we can share our collections and latest aquisitions.

Pictures are a plus, and feel free to discuss all things that relate to the Steels/Slips & Amaray Slips are also welcome...

;)

im-3-3-jpg.83497

Here is a list of TW Steelbooks (both released and scheduled) courtesy of Slim, Earthscope & Wreck

icon_taiwan.png
Taiwan Steelbooks
icon_taiwan.png

2 Guns
47 Ronin
47 Ronin Collector's Limited Edition
After Earth
Amazing Spider-Man 3D
Amazing Spiderman 2
Battleship
Complete Bourne Collection
Bourne Legacy
Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Captain Phillips
Cars 2 3D
Dark Knight Rises
Django Unchained
Elysium
Fast & Furious 6
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Stickerbook)
G.I Joe: Retaliation (3D+2D)
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
Gladiator
Good Day To Die Hard
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2D+3D)
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3 (3D+2D)
Jack Reacher
Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit
JFK
Life of Pi
Lion King 3D
Michael Jackson's This Is It
Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Men In Black III 3D
Noah 3D
Oblivion
Prometheus 3D
Resident Evil: Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution 3D
Robin Hood (2010)
Robocop 2014
Salt
Skyfall
Snow White And The Huntsman
Star Trek Into Darkness (3D+2D)
Taken 2
Ted
Terminator Salvation
Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D)
Total Recall (2012)
Transformers: Age of Extinction
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Underworld: Awakening 3D
White House Down
World War Z
X-Men Days of Future Past

Upcoming Releases

Ghostbusters 1&2

icon_taiwan.png
Taiwan Viva Metal Box/Ironpack/Metalpak/Futurepak
icon_taiwan.png

300: Rise of an Empire
Avengers 3D Viva Metal Box
Edge of Tomorrow
Godzilla
John Carter 3D Viva Metal Box
Real Steel Viva Metal Box
The Godfather Collection (Coppola Restoration)
The Great Gatsby / 3D+2D
Gravity
Pacific Rim

Attachments

• IMG_0544.jpg
    IMG_0544.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IM 3...1.jpg
    IM 3...1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 323
  • IM 3...3.jpg
    IM 3...3.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 645
Last edited by a moderator:
This is SERIOUS maaaaaan!!!, this slip/steel and IM3 Sticker is what collecting is all about, love it, mine arrived too but won't be able to see it/hold it in hand until I get home after work. Congrats Scope, awesome shots bud :thumbs:

This is SERIOUS maaaaaan!!!, this slip/steel and IM3 Sticker is what collecting is all about, love it, mine arrived too but won't be able to see it/hold it in hand until I get home after work. Congrats Scope, awesome shots bud :thumbs:

Hehe....:D

That sticker is special bud...:LOL: TW is giving us the complete package hear. And the slip is...:drool:

Need to have a lie down now as the excitement is toooo much!!! :hilarious:

I'm with you! What a beauuuuty! I can't wait to get my copy ... I thought Australia would get it delivered before France. :angry: :hilarious::hilarious:

Congrats buddy!

Thats great, looking forward to see the collections of my fellow ninjas, especially these ninjas ;)

Darczap
Djhilalo
Rodtp
Earthscope
Zoneism

Can not wait to see your asian collections :thumbs:

Ps just give those 5 the award already

Last edited:
I appologize if this was asked already somewhere in a another thread.
I was wondering, I really like the Taiwan/asian steelbooks, but what about the following;
Do they have free shipping to europe, or do you have to pay shipping also?

What about import duties/taxes, will customs hold the shipment until duties/taxes have been paid?

And if there are duties/taxes how high are they? Are we talking about 10-20 euros or 20-30 euros , or even more?

I appologize if this was asked already somewhere in a another thread.
I was wondering, I really like the Taiwan/asian steelbooks, but what about the following;
Do they have free shipping to europe, or do you have to pay shipping also?

What about import duties/taxes, will customs hold the shipment until duties/taxes have been paid?

And if there are duties/taxes how high are they? Are we talking about 10-20 euros or 20-30 euros , or even more?

You need to read the threads for Taiwan (JSDVD, best retailer for Taiwan steels)

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/23997/

Korea (Kimchi one of the best)

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/23518/

Japan

You have amazon.jp & Yesasia....Both have their own threads in the retailers section....

Reactions: Xenomorph
THE HOBBIT

After seeing the bland matte finish on the steelbook for the 2nd film from "The Hobbit Trilogy".....

I decided to take some new pictures of the first Hobbit release from Taiwan. With it's Lovely Gloss steel and beautiful slip box....;)

Oh Gloss where have thou gone !!! :naughty:

All Images are High Res and can be clicked for Full Resolution....

THE HOBBIT TW
l0s3.jpg

vuyh.jpg

yzgy.jpg

467p.jpg

xgpc.jpg

SLIP BOX

nnay.jpg

vvyb.jpg

loiq.jpg

Moody Shots to show the light reflecting of the Gloss on this Steel...

1o7s.jpg

8y9p.jpg

aidx.jpg

As much as I like Taiwan releases, the value of a vast majority of the Steels has gone down the drain. Some of them have gone down by nearly half of the retail price despite getting a good slip.

I think that is only the "we made too much qty" releases. All the old ones either never appear on ebay (for instance) or when they do still go for high. Granted lots of those from the past year have dropped. Tho I believe those are subpar ones or steels where lots of other Countries are getting them. ie. gi joe, after earth, die hard, hansel, elysium, etc.

Please note that I am not even considering the truly limited editions but I believe we are referring to 2011~2012 or before.

The ones released in the past 2 years have significantly dropped in value. Also JSDVD seems to have followed cheap sale tactics to boost sales.

Please note that I am not even considering the truly limited editions but I believe we are referring to 2011~2012 or before.

The ones released in the past 2 years have significantly dropped in value. Also JSDVD seems to have followed cheap sale tactics to boost sales.

I understand what your saying buddy, BUT I can only speak for myself.
I buy Taiwan steels because I love the Unique and beautiful Slips...Not for what they might or might not be worth down the road. (Don't care to be honest) ;)

I would never buy a steelbook as a view to it being an investment.
I will buy modern art paintings from established and up and coming young artists.(That's my real passion for spending big bucks), as well as good old property for my money to grow! NEVER a steelbook....:hilarious:

Plus at least when you buy from a retailer like JSDVD you know it will be packed to Withstand a nuclear blast!!! :p
Can't say that about many other steelbook retailers...:naughty:

Reactions: Troll2Fan and harry