paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 25, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon - Walmart - Target
Price: $45.99 (Amazon) - $30.25 (Walmart) - $34.49 (Target)

61SQ5dW0+yL._SL1080_.jpg

Last edited:
4K UHD Disc

• Restored from the original camera negative, presented in 4K resolution with Dolby Vision
  • English 5.1 + mono
  • Special Features:
  • Making Taxi Driver Documentary
  • Storyboard to Film Comparisons with Martin Scorsese Introduction
  • Animated Photo Galleries
  • 20th Anniversary Re-Release Trailer

Blu-ray Disc
  • Feature presented in high definition, sourced from the 4K master
  • English 5.1
  • Special Features:
  • 40-Minute Taxi Driver Q&A featuring Martin Scorsese, Robert De Niro, Jodie Foster and Many More Recorded Live at the Beacon Theatre in New York City at the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival
  • Commentary with Director Martin Scorsese and Writer Paul Schrader Recorded by the Criterion Collection
  • Commentaries by Writer Paul Schrader and by Professor Robert Kolker
  • Martin Scorsese on Taxi Driver
  • Influence and Appreciation: A Martin Scorsese Tribute
  • Producing Taxi Driver
  • God’s Lonely Man
  • Taxi Driver Stories
  • Travis’ New York
  • Travis’ New York Locations
  • Theatrical Trailer

That's a decent cover art. Finally. Hopefully get a UK release as well

Although... Looking at De Niro's expression its a little odd.

I don't recall it. Was this an original piece of marketing art? Does anyone know.

Not sure if serious but it's the original one-sheet.

View attachment 576350
Honestly, I've never seen that one sheet. I only associated Taxi Driver with the head down, hands in the pocket poster.

*The white one in the middle*

I like it. The more I see it, the more it clearly shows Travis's state of mind in his facial expression - confusion, isolation, agitation, internalised rage.
Great poster.

Reactions: KarlieFloss
It's same artwork that was used with the 40th anniversary blu-ray amaray release from 2016
Artwork was also used with the original soundtrack CD and Vinyl releases.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Has everyone gone mad - this is finally the original poster art on a steelbook, like everyone always wants, supposedly!
Not knocking it brother. The steel art looks fantastic. I'm happy and will double dip. It's going to look nice next to that Zavvi one.
Bet you a slew of older Taxi Drivers steels are going to drop on eBay.
The Pop Art cover was pretty nice imo
An oddity worth owning.
I love this film - it's in my top 10 - definitely picking this one up.

A must buy.

De Niro may have soured his legacy with nearly 30 years solid of steaming turds, but this is still one of the undisputed great cinematic performances.
De Niro has certainly been in some dogs as he got older. I wonder if part of that is because he likes playing comedic roles and several of those have been duds. But he’s still acted in a lot of excellent movies over the past 30 years.

I don’t think he’s really soured his legacy based on his acting and role choices. But maybe it’s the case for some people due to political tribalism and his being so outspoken about his views (not at all suggesting this about you).

Reactions: Lenny Nero
A must buy.

De Niro may have soured his legacy with nearly 30 years solid of steaming turds, but this is still one of the undisputed great cinematic performances.
Personally I think Taxi Driver is De Niro's best performance. It just about pips Raging Bull a close second, Godfather 2 third, King of Comedy fourth with Heat & Goodfellas tied for fifth.

Midnight Run and Deerhunter almost made it in there. Honourable mentions.

Reactions: samdavies