Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Release date: May 3, 2024
Purchase link: Amazon FR
Price: €49.99
Notes: Digipack limited edition with 44 page booklet and a bonus DVD

81HI24D4mlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Most French people are not bilingual and forced subtitles are important. In addition, it is a product intended for the French market so it is "logical" that it goes in this direction and that it is not English friendly, even if this decision is stupid.
Here's an unboxing (not mine)... the stupidity and greed of Seven7 is total. Many decided to return it.

Well Murder She Wrote is a good example. The French fans wanted Angela Lansbury's original voice not the French dub so elephant films supplied both for the 6 seasons they released with no forced French subtitles. Everyone won and region free. So it can be done if the fans demand it...

Most French people are not bilingual and forced subtitles are important. In addition, it is a product intended for the French market so it is "logical" that it goes in this direction and that it is not English friendly, even if this decision is stupid.
Here's an unboxing (not mine)... the stupidity and greed of Seven7 is total. Many decided to return it.

Being bilingual or not is one thing. Aiming at a market is another. Forced subs is still uber dumb whatever the reason is to try to justify this.

Reactions: Lollard2002

I get that it is made for the French market. And the subtitles being automatically ON at first play is fine. That all makes sense....
What doesn't make sense, is encoding the disc so that YOU CANNOT TURN THEM OFF.

Reactions: Lollard2002