Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: True Detective - Season 1
Price: $44.99

17325105.jpg

17325105_Alt01.jpg

Last edited:
I was there before the doors opened and there were TWO at the one I went to. While the one I picked up is perfect, sadly the one remaining has a slip that's been folded/painted off center. You can see the spine is way out of wack, almost thought it was a metalpak for a second. The text is supposed to be in the middle, but the ones wonky. Even the plastic case is cracked open, could be worse inside:

mcyxpy.jpg

I am lucky with my Target. The person that works electronics understands the collectability of the steelbooks. He wil put them aside for me and do a preliminary inspection for me. I explained about the spine slashes and he looks for these for me. [emoji106] [emoji106]

My store had 4 copies and I took 2 of them for me and another Ninja!![emoji1] [emoji106]

Reactions: digitalbabe
How long does Target hold it for in store pick up? My order says pick up is available through today, which is kind of weird, unless I'm missing something.

How long does Target hold it for in store pick up? My order says pick up is available through today, which is kind of weird, unless I'm missing something.
@darczap from Store Pick up page-hth

Target will hold your items for four days starting the day after the order was processed by Target. If your order has not been picked up within that time frame, you may elect to extend it by one additional day. This must occur before your original time window expires. After four days (or five days if you chose to extend the time window), your order will be canceled. In no event will orders be held for more than five days. You will not be charged for your order until your order is picked up. Target reserves the right to limit the quantity of items ordered for Store Pickup or Ship to Store as well as the days of the year that the service is offered.

• Informative
Reactions: darczap
My store had 4, got the only good one, but mine was on a low shelf with no sale tag price. Took me forever to find it, almost gave up and went to ask, but saw it at the last second. I have a feeling a mint one will be hard to find. Good luck everyone!

• Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Was able to get a copy in store. Three were left when I went. Two were mint, the other had slight bump and paint chip on the top of the steel.

They were kind of hard to find. At my store they weren't with the new releases or with the other True Detective blu-ray edition.

For gods sake why does America never get the stupid Blu Ray bar across the top and the UK always does. It was the same with the Game Of Thrones Season 5 box set. It looks so much better without it. It's unfair.
The US one also has rounded corners on the slip where the UK slip is rectangular. I like the rounded better as it is less prone to damage.

Scan coming tomorrow. Mine has a slash, but it's on the side opposite the spine, and it's just in the slip. So meh.