kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
12Monkeys_HDN.jpg

12 Monkeys - Syfy
Premieres: Jan 16th 2015

Inspired by the classic blockbuster film, which commemorates its 20th anniversary next year, “12 Monkeys” explores the provocative story of a time traveler from a decimated future in a high-stakes race against the clock. Utilizing a dangerous and untested method of time travel, he journeys from 2043 to the present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will all but annihilate the human race.

Last edited:
Reactions: spass
First time I've heard of this! Hmmm, I'm sceptical. I adore the movie, it's one of my favourites.

Any good names associated with this? Didn't get the chance to watch the trailer.

I thought the same when I heard about Fargo the first time, but that turned out awesome. It did have quality names attatched to it though.

@spass A lot of the people involved in the CW series Nikita are in this (Great Show BTW).
I love the movie too, but I think this looks pretty decent. The story works well as a series, lots of opportunity to expand on the plot and do some crazy things with it.

Reactions: spass
I like the idea of this, but have a tough time seeing it done nearly as good as the movie. I guess I'll take a wait and see approach. Plus, I always expect SyFy to cancel anything I like.

May have to check this one out as I hadn't realized they made this into a TV show- just watched the movie again last week. Should be enough episodes to get a pretty good feel for it now if it started in Jan as stated.

I found it all a bit random and to be honest very repetitive. The story as they say has been done already (by the film) it struggles being dragged into a series and when the original Film came out it was different, interesting but by the time 2015 the tv show is out, the ideas have been done so many times, found it very tiresome very quickly

The third season will debut on May 19 at 8 p.m. ET.
In a surprising move, Syfy will air the entire 10-episode season over three consecutive nights starting Friday, May 19 and concluding Sunday, May 21

the first four episodes will premiere on Friday, with three episodes airing each night on both Saturday and Sunday from 8 p.m.-11 p.m. ET.

Syfy has also renewed 12 Monkeys for a fourth and final season