AMC Theatres "Best Picture Showcase"-see all "Best Picture" Nominees for 1 price

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Last Year's Info

BPS_Landing%20Page_710x187.jpg

Hi All,

If you're not familiar, every year for the past few years, AMC Theaters has an event where you pay one price and you can see all Best Picture nominees over the course of two days, or 2 weekends (format has changed a bit). I've done it for a few years with some friends and while it takes endurance:), it is a lot of fun.It's usually the weekend of, or before the Oscars. And if you're an AMC Movie Watcher member (free loyalty program), the tickets are $ 5 or so cheaper.

I thought I'd post a thread to see if anyone else has done it in the past, or would like to?

They even had some "24-Hour" marathons and were talking about possibly adding some mini-festivals for "International nominees" and "Short films" etc.

Here is last year's link & they actively solicited feedback from the community regarding the previous year, while planning the "2010" event.

Link

List of all theaters that participated last year
Enjoy!
DB

Last edited:
Hey Damexirican-yeah, not sure how far you are from the CA theaters, but I added a list of all theaters that participated last year:)

Well there's one in my town, but I know they didn't participate last year. It used to be Kerasotes but AMC bought them out (or at least this one) the beginning of this year.

P.S.

You can call me mexi for short :p

I didn't make it to last years, they had a couple of theaters close to me, but for one thing or another I missed it. I'll see if I can go this year.

Yeah, you definitely get "Movie butt", but with the right group of friends it can be a good time:)

I like going to this. I generally see all the movies, but sometimes it's good to watch them again.

The theater near me (not sure if it was AMC) also had this thing where you paid some money and got 2 drinks and 2 popcorns and you got to watch the academy awards on the big screen. It was awesome. I'll probably do that again this year.

Hey Jex-yeah, I try to not see the ones I think will be nominated, but as a movie nut that is hard:) But I agree, it's very cool to watch them in succession-it's sometimes a more "fresh" basis for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.