Antichrist - Criterion release in November

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Looking forward to getting this. I missed out seeing it at the film festival last year.

Antichrist Blu-Ray/DVD Details
Posted By : deth_banger, Tuesday Aug,17
Filed Under : ,

Finally Antichrist will be hitting DVD shelves across America as Criterion has given the movie a November 9, 2010 release date.

I was actually shocked it has taken this long for a US release, but finally you can get your hands on Lars Von Trier's controversial masterpiece, which blew me away when I seen it last year, it is such a beautiful yet disturbing movie which demands your attention.

Antichrist will be a part of the Criterion Collection, so that basically means you will get all the extras and goodies, that this movie deserves. You can pre-order now at the price of $31.96 for the 1 disc Blu-Ray edition or $23.96 for the 2-disc DVD edition HERE.

The special features included on the DVD & Blu-Ray are as follows:

New, restored high-definition digital transfer, approved by director Lars von Trier and supervised by director of photography Anthony Dod Mantle (with DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition)
Audio commentary by von Trier and professor Murray Smith
Video interviews with von Trier and actors Willem Dafoe and Charlotte Gainsbourg
A collection of video pieces delving into the production of Antichrist, including interviews with von Trier and key members of his filmmaking team as well as behind-the-scenes footage
Chaos Reigns at the Cannes Film Festival 2009, a documentary on the film’s world premiere, plus press interviews with Dafoe and Gainsbourg
Three theatrical trailers
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by film scholar Ian Christie

Check out the official trailer below:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hw03QayJ2fU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hw03QayJ2fU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Synopsis: "Lars von Trier shook up the film world when he premiered Antichrist at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival. In this graphic psychodrama, a grief-stricken man and woman—a searing Willem Dafoe and Cannes best actress Charlotte Gainsbourg—retreat to a cabin deep in the woods after the accidental death of their infant son, only to find terror and violence at the hands of nature and, ultimately, each other. But this most confrontational work yet from one of contemporary cinema’s most controversial artists is no mere provocation. It is a visually sublime, emotionally ravaging journey to the darkest corners of the possessed human mind; a disturbing battle of the sexes that pits rational psychology against age-old superstition; and a profoundly effective horror film