Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 31, 2016 (TBC)
Purchase links: Media Markt - Saturn
Price: €29.99

fee_786_587_png.png

Last edited by a moderator:
so this include 4 cuts (eu cut, us theatrical cut, directors cut and sd us tv cut) but only the eu cut is in 4k? also it says something about 2 documentations included hmmm.

so this include 4 cuts (eu cut, us theatrical cut, directors cut and sd us tv cut) but only the eu cut is in 4k? also it says something about 2 documentations included hmmm.

incl. new movie long documentation with background information and new interviews, European theatrical version (in new 4K scan), US theatrical version, director's cut, US TV version (in SD), interviews with cast & crew, featurette on the special effects , International trailer and TV commercials, movies tribute video and Others

incl. new movie long documentation with background information and new interviews, European theatrical version (in new 4K scan), US theatrical version, director's cut, US TV version (in SD), interviews with cast & crew, featurette on the special effects , International trailer and TV commercials, movies tribute video and Others
Looks as if it's most if not all of the same content as Scream Factory USA Blu-ray release which was also 3 Discs

Nice to see this getting a release but I've got the UK Steelbook and the Scream Factory release. Unless there is anything new in this release I won't pick it up

I love AOD. But it's enough already. They need to stop releasing this over and over.
This has got to be the most rereleased movie ever.
There weren't that many re-releases of AoD, unless you count DVDs. There was the initial Blu-Ray with terrible PQ and then the Shout release, with great PQ. And re-releases that actually improve on the older ones are okay in my book. I'm hoping this will be identical to the Shout BD because I still need a good release of this film that isn't region A only.

Reactions: navydavey
There weren't that many re-releases of AoD, unless you count DVDs. There was the initial Blu-Ray with terrible PQ and then the Shout release, with great PQ. And re-releases that actually improve on the older ones are okay in my book. I'm hoping this will be identical to the Shout BD because I still need a good release of this film that isn't region A only.

The French and German Ultimate Editions are pretty much on par with the Shout Factory release ;)

Reactions: C.C. 95
Are they? Interesting. I might get the French one then, I'm not paying 50 Euro for the German UE. I'll wait for the Steelbook art reveal, though. If it's better than the UK one I might bite.

Are they? Interesting. I might get the French one then, I'm not paying 50 Euro for the German UE. I'll wait for the Steelbook art reveal, though. If it's better than the UK one I might bite.
It'll be very hard to beat the UK one IMO. Awesome steelbook.

This will probably have the title in German also, which is an immediate turn off.

I agree, I already own the UK Steelbook. ;) Pretty much the only way to beat that would be a title on the front (English, of course). I still dislike title-less front artwork.