Atlas Shrugged 2 looking for volunteers in Texas

They are doing a second one? I thought the first one bombed beyond belief.

Just looked it up before posting and found this:

The film was met with a generally negative reception from professional critics, getting an 11% (rotten) rating on movie review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, and had less than $5 million in total box office receipts (NOTE: compared to $20 million dollar budget). The producer and screenwriter John Aglialoro blamed critics for the film's paltry box office take and said he might go on strike.

However, on February 2, 2012, Kaslow and Aglialoro announced Atlas Shrugged: Part 2 was fully funded and that principal photography was tentatively scheduled to commence in early April 2012 with a release date of October 2012.

lol. Never thought you lied. Just couldn't believe that a movie would get a sequel after that return (no matter what the subject), but as I think about it, it's quite possible that it could be funded entirely by a few people who had an interest in it outside of the mainstream system.

So thinking of it like that, I suppose it's not that odd.

I knew you did not think that. When I signed up to buy the Steel, I signed up for the email alerts also, thinking I would like the movie. After reading all the newsletters and stuff. It's sounds like it's almost a John Gault cult type of thing.