Au Revoir Là-Haut (See You Up There) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FNAC Exclusive) [France]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: February 28, 2018
Purchase link: FNAC
Price: €22.99
Notes: Has English subs

Au-revoir-la-haut-Edition-speciale-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-DVD (1).jpg

Au-revoir-la-haut-Edition-speciale-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-DVD.jpg

Last edited:
Been seeing photos of this pop up on IG all week, but had no idea what it was for exactly (couldn't be bothered to Google it :p).

I know @dan8885 picked it up...

Stunning artwork! Just a shame about all the credits on the front.

Anyone able to comment on whether the film is actually any good or not?

Just watched the trailer for the first time also and it really looks very interesting, maybe pick up the steelbook and change the disc...
See Dan's post above... he just confirmed that it has English subs. :woot:

Literally "Goodbye Until We Meet in Heaven" and once again revealing that truth can be stranger than fiction . . .

Tracking shots in the trenches reportedly referencing Kubrick's 1957 brilliant "Paths of Glory" (recently released by Eureka in their Masters of Cinema line) sandwiched between my favourite Kubrick film - "The Killing" (1956) - and the epic slave revolt that is "Spartacus" (1960).

Great artwork throughout and finish to match w/ spot-gloss and metallic reflections aplenty . . . a "Wow" steelbook if ever I saw one.

Saw the listing on a French site a few weeks ago but wasn't going to open a thread here thinking it wasn't English friendly so great to read that English subs are included.

Pic courtesy Steelbookpro
comment_90157_attachment_images_2.JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
I thought the movie was a bit underwhelming, but it's without a doubt a treat for the eyes. You can definitely feel Kubrick's Paths of Glory in the trenches stuff, but Wooden Crosses is there as well.

Is FNAC still a no go for people outside the EU? I know they ship internationally, but I've always been under the impression that their packaging and customer service are worst of the worst.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Fnac ships to the US, but the only option is DHL, which is really pricey (but really fast). And the packaging isn't great.

If you order with Fnac from the US, don't try to use Paypal. It won't be approved, because Fnac's address fields don't work correctly with US-based Paypal accounts, and then you get locked out of Fnac's system.

• Thanks
Reactions: Futurhythm
Fnac ships to the US, but the only option is DHL, which is really pricey (but really fast). And the packaging isn't great.

If you order with Fnac from the US, don't try to use Paypal. It won't be approved, because Fnac's address fields don't work correctly with US-based Paypal accounts, and then you get locked out of Fnac's system.
How bad are we talking with the packaging? There's a few things I'd be interested in ordering. Would multiple items be safer or one at a time?

Otherwise, who wants to help me get something from FNAC? :giggle:

How bad are we talking with the packaging?
I ordered six steelbooks, and they were shipped all together in one thin cardboard box, with no extra padding. So, I'd say maybe one step better than Best Buy or the European Amazons that ship steelbooks in thin cardboard envelopes. But not a lot better than that.

It would be good if we could find a Fnac Buddy to help out. They occasionally have some really interesting exclusive items.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles