Mondo Big Eyes by Anne Benjamin

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Big Eyes by Anne Benjamin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

unnamed.jpg

Tomorrow we'll be releasing a poster for the film BIG EYES, directed by Tim Burton and starring Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz. We were thrilled to bring Anne Benjamin on to create this mesmerizing poster - not only is she a great fit thematically, her illustration style works so well with that of Margaret Keane, the artist portrayed in the film. BIG EYES opens on Christmas Day, view the trailer here.

As this is our final release of 2014, we'd like to extend a HUGE thanks to you guys for your support this year. Wishing you a very happy holiday and we'll see you in 2015!

NOTE: All new items are released on our website's Homepage.

Reactions: TobinFrost
Sorry, I have not seen the movie either. :D
To be honest the poster doesn't attract me at all, you know, many time we like the characters but not necessarily the story

But if you like, go for it !!! :thumbs:

@kryptonite I know. I just don't know if I should take the chance and try for the poster and then the movie is a dud. I mean some of his recent adaptations (Charlie Chocolate, Alice in Wonderland, Apes, Dark Shadows) have been very bad but stuff like Big Fish, Sweeney and even frankenweenie are good

@TobinFrost for us in the US the movie only releases next week so it is not even out yet to judge

I like the print. But I the more I was thinking the more I realized that it will end up filed for the longest time and probably never gets hanged. So I decided to pass. Also my no-more-purchases-until-the-next-year policy is pretty shaky as it is :D

I might buy this if still available tonight....
Still 56 available as of now.
I am actually surprised because I thought it would be gone as quickly as most of the other Mondo prints. Not as quickly as Stouts or Horkeys or the likes, of course, but as quickly as anything else. I guess they should have released it after the film is out.
Also, I thought I had never heard of Anne Benjamin before the recent Tom & Jerry print. I had to look her up to realize there were quite a few prints I saw at their release but never bothered to notice the artist. Granted, I have not purchased any of those.
Her Snow White is pretty cool. Though it seems like most, if not all, her works are bit on a grayish side. A bit too dark for my taste. Maybe this is the reason I withheld myself from getting the print in the OP. Than again, I know next to nothing of the film to feel the representation.