Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 12, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £59.99

71dIvD1RYIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

View attachment 576849

The only two steelbooks I don't have are the two Peter Cushing movies, I opted for the collector's editions instead.
I should've kept on buying those steelbooks, but only got the first 5 of the new ones - S1-4 & Specials, because I only had those on DVD in big digipacks. S5-7 already had on BD in season digistacks, and S8-10 in a Capaldi wide book boxset.
But then again the female Doctor Seasons 11-13 were released in digipacks, which I always pick over steelbooks...
So the whole thing is all over the place, I guess kinda like the series and Doctors themselves. :facepalm:

I should've kept on buying those steelbooks, but only got the first 5 of the new ones - S1-4 & Specials, because I only had those on DVD in big digipacks. S5-7 already had on BD in season digistacks, and S8-10 in a Capaldi wide book boxset.
But then again the female Doctor Seasons 11-13 were released in digipacks, which I always pick over steelbooks...
So the whole thing is all over the place, I guess kinda like the series and Doctors themselves. :facepalm:
Simply down to poor design and not following the correct logos for specific eras. Kind of liking releasing classic Star Trek and putting the Next Generation logo on it...

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I
Simply down to poor design and not following the correct logos for specific eras. Kind of liking releasing classic Star Trek and putting the Next Generation logo on it...
I didn't mind so much when the Pertwee/McGann logo was designated as the 'classic logo'. It was at least appropriate for some of the releases. Obviously, I would have used the season appropriate logo for the relevant release.

Using the Whittaker logo on the classic box sets irks me. There aren't even any Whittaker releases among them, nor will there probably ever be.

With the steelbooks, generally the logo only appears on the spine. This should have been the screen appropriate one. Put whatever one you like on the J-card. As long as the BBC logo and titles are all at a consistent height, they'll match.

I

I didn't mind so much when the Pertwee/McGann logo was designated as the 'classic logo'. It was at least appropriate for some of the releases. Obviously, I would have used the season appropriate logo for the relevant release.

Using the Whittaker logo on the classic box sets irks me. There aren't even any Whittaker releases among them, nor will there probably ever be.

With the steelbooks, generally the logo only appears on the spine. This should have been the screen appropriate one. Put whatever one you like on the J-card. As long as the BBC logo and titles are all at a consistent height, they'll match.
Fair point