Dolby Digital! whoo

Jan 24, 2010
Tampa FL
Finaly upgraded to a system with dolby digital, i had a cheap one b4 with 5 speakers and a sub but just a simple audio jack plug-in, i just got a samsung for 270 at best buy, its got the 5 speakers and a sub plus the dolby digital, i didn't know you need the digital cable at first, got it now and it sounds freakin awsome. Especially on socom! plus i bought the the tritton 720 headset for the ps3 and it has dolby on it also, sounds sooo cool

amazing what a difference it makes doesn't.

wait till you get the upgrade itch and go for even better stuff :naughty:

ive been looking to upgrade for a while now. im still using what i bought for college, they are just higher grade computer speakers. logitech z5300. its not bad, but nothing compared to the legit systems you guys are running.

i gotta decide whether or not i wanna get a new tv first, or the system...

glad you like your system tony. how do you like the headset? is the cord pretty long? is it surround sound simulated?

how do you like the headset? is the cord pretty long? is it surround sound simulated?
I think the cord is 15 ft. Its AWSOME. i can't decide which is better, my ht or the headset. and yea its full surround, it has 4 speakers in each ear and comes with a digital cable to hook it up to your ps3 plus it blocks alot of other sound out which makes it sound even better. Its great for me cuz i'm always playin late nights when everyone else in the house is sleeping, the only problem is i can't hear how loud i'm talkin lol. Whats the difference between dd and dts? could someone explain to me what the other option are on the ps3? like acc and the channels

I think the cord is 15 ft. Its AWSOME. i can't decide which is better, my ht or the headset. and yea its full surround, it has 4 speakers in each ear and comes with a digital cable to hook it up to your ps3 plus it blocks alot of other sound out which makes it sound even better. Its great for me cuz i'm always playin late nights when everyone else in the house is sleeping, the only problem is i can't hear how loud i'm talkin lol. Whats the difference between dd and dts? could someone explain to me what the other option are on the ps3? like acc and the channels

DTS HD Master and Dolby TrueHD are the only ways you get HD audio and the best there is these days. Gotta have a receiver capable of handling it and use HDMI cable for the audio output. Congrats on the upgrade to DD though.

You do more gaming than watch blu's I suppose and they usually just have DD on the games where as the blu-rays typically have either DTS or DolbyTrueHD. So you wouldnt notice the difference unless you were watching blu-rays.

btw, lil trick when wanting to hear yourself with your headphones on. Lift one of the headphones up just a tad on one ear so it doest cover that entire ear then you can hear yourself talk.

DTS HD Master and Dolby TrueHD are the only ways you get HD audio and the best there is these days.

BTW - I picked up Monster Squad on Blu-Ray (classic 80's movie btw) and there is a DTS HD MA sound ad before the movie plays and it is freaking AWESOME... Like when movies used to have THX there would be the notorious THX sound ad before the movie played - same thing here only in DTS HD MA style and it is just amazing.

Anyone hear/see this on other movies? It makes my sound system sound like it's going to deliver a face palm

Just bought that flick on the weekend. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monster Squad? They did an amazing job fixing up the movie. When you watch the special features you'll realize just how bad the original was when they play segments from the old school footage.

Wolfman's got nards!

DTS HD Master and Dolby TrueHD are the only ways you get HD audio and the best there is these days. Gotta have a receiver capable of handling it and use HDMI cable for the audio output. Congrats on the upgrade to DD though.

thanks man, well my ht supports the dts. shoud i only have it checked when i'm watching blu rays then? (i haven't had it checked yet) and how would i watch a blu ray in hd sound if my hdmi cable runs from my ps3 to my tv for the video? (its my only blu ray player) i have a digital cable going from my ps3 to the ht, that doesn't give you hd sound? would i have to buy component cables to get the video, and then run hdmi seperate for sound? (that would suck... mo money :()

anyone know? i'm hoping to get this all set up tonight so i can try it with MAG before i gotta goto work tonight, because mag supports the dts and if i do have to get component cables, would i loose any picture quality, i run my video with hdmi right now.

Last edited: