Dragons Forever (Blu-ray SteelBook) (88 Films) [UK]

Oct 13, 2011
Release date: October 18, 2021
Purchase links: 88 Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99 (88 Films) - £23.64 (Amazon) - £29.99 (Zavvi - HMV)
Note: Total print run 2000

Skjermbilde 2021-08-13 kl. 20.55.54.png

Last edited by a moderator:
88 Films EU Customers
SLIDES99_e9de654b-0f93-499f-b816-89e8bd2bd1c5_1400x.jpg

Note
88 Films Website Store
Pre order releases usually only go live on 88 Films Webstore a few days before release date and sometimes after
They let other retailers do pre orders first as in Amazon/Zavvi/HMV etc
Unless a release is 88 Films Webstore Exclusive

You may see listed on 88 films website in coming soon section in the next few days/weeks but beware will have price listed as £888.88
Price will change on their website when ready for pre order or released and instock

£888.88 is just to indicate that’s it’s NOT orderable yet

If you purchase at that price NO refunds are available and it will NOT be shipped any earlier

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
Great to see 88 releasing more steelbooks, and with nice art too! But these prices are very off-putting.

As much as I love the film, and the blurays 88 Films release, I think I'll give this one a miss. I already own the standard bluray and the combination of reversable slip with original poster art, and slipcover with awesome new artwork. The steelbook is decent enough, but I don't really think it's any better than what I already have.

Reactions: Robles
As much as I love the film, and the blurays 88 Films release, I think I'll give this one a miss. I already own the standard bluray and the combination of reversable slip with original poster art, and slipcover with awesome new artwork. The steelbook is decent enough, but I don't really think it's any better than what I already have.
Thanks for letting us know, you are forgiven

Anyone know what the finish will be like on the steel? Really liking the look of the set.

Side note, my brother got the Short Circuit 2 set and the slip was really nice so hoping for something similar on that.

Listed on 88 Films Website
Their pre order not live yet that will be a few days before release date or after
Ignore price listed as £888.88 that will change when ready to pre order or when in stock

EXCLUSIVE TO THIS RELEASE

• Limited Edition 2-Disc Steelbook [2000 units only] with brand-new artwork by Thomas Walker
  • Features a double-walled full slipcase and poster

SPECIAL FEATURES (DISC 1)
  • Brand New 4K Remaster of the Original Hong Kong Version
  • Remastered Cantonese Mono with Newly Translated Subtitles
  • Remastered Cantonese 5.1 DTS-HD MA created exclusively for this release with Newly Translated Subtitles
  • Classic English Dub Hybrid Audio [Golden Harvest soundtrack, filled with Fortune Star’s for sections not present in export version]
  • [New] Audio Commentary by Hong Kong cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
  • [New] Benny Forever: Interview with Benny “The Jet” Urquidez
  • [New] Discussing Dragons Forever: Interview with David Desser
  • [New] Hong Kong Cinema Forever: Interview with Mike Leeder
  • [New] Working with the Dragons: Interview with Jude Poyer
  • [New] The Legacy of Dragons Forever Featurette with todays actors & martial artists including Troy Sandford, Chris Jones, Ross Boyask, Maria Tran, Mike Leeder, Jean-Paul Ly, Mark Strange, Mike Moeller, George Clarke, Jude Poyer & Steve Lawson
  • Double Jeopardy: An Interview with Brad Allen
  • Beyond Gravity: An Interview with Joe Eigo
  • Kick Fighter: An interview with Andy Cheng
  • Thai Breaker: An Interview with Billy Chow
  • Deleted Scenes [newly restored]
  • End Credits from the Japanese Version [newly restored]
  • Behind the Scenes Footage
  • English Trailer [newly restored]
  • Hong Kong Trailer
  • Reversible Sleeve
  • New artwork from R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien [check out his webshop for awesome kung fu prints here]
SPECIAL FEATURES (DISC 2)
  • Full CYCLONE Z Cut of the Film [98 mins] [Produced exclusively for the Japanese market, this Cantonese-language version includes two extra scenes and an ending with outtakes]. Newly restored Cantonese Soundtrack in Mono or 5.1 options and newly translated English Subtitles
  • Recreated Export Version of the film [94 mins] [Commissioned by Golden Harvest for international audiences outside Asia] with the Full Classic English Dub and optional English SDH subtitles
TECHNICAL SPECS
  • Region Code: B
  • Audio: LPCM Stereo / 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
  • Picture: 1080p HD 1.85:1
  • Runtime: 94 mins approx [HK Cut]
  • Runtime: 94 mins approx [International Cut]
  • Runtime: 98 mins approx [Japanese Cut]
  • Language: English / Cantonese
  • Subtitles: English

88 Films Half Price SteelBooks.jpg

88 Films Half Price Steelbooks
£15.00