Expert Opinion Please

Sep 26, 2012
I've been collecting steelbooks for quite some time but was never quite aware of their value until just recently. Here are some pictures of all of my favourite steelbooks that I have. I'd like to know, if I were to sell them, what kind of prices I should be looking to get. All of them are in mint condition. "Michael Jackson This Is It" and "Spiderman" are the only ones still in their packaging. The Incredibles and Transformers are the only DVD's there. All of these were bought at Future Shop in Canada.

662875461.jpg

662889412.jpg

662889967-93a3879cbc27222f47a82947c6f6ac16.5063c130-scaled.jpg

- Cowboys and Aliens
- Sherlock Holmes 1 and 2
- Inception
- Toy Story 3
- Transformers Revenge of the Fallen
- Salt
- The Book of Eli
- Iron Man
- Terminator Salvation Director's Cut
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- Up
- The Hunger Games
- Robin Hood
- Clash of the Titans
- Wrath of the Titans
- Lord of the Rings Trilogy
- Karate Kid (new one)
- The Avengers
- The Incredibles (Steel Tin container thing) (DVD)
- Transformers (Protect) (DVD)
- Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2 and 3
- Spiderman 1 (in package)
- Michael Jackson's This Is It (In package)
- Star Trek

Last edited:
Welcome to HDN. You may wish to be more specific as there are numerous versions from different countries for some titles you list. Trading can be completed in Trading Forum after 30 posts and with references. Since you are new here without pics you may simply get bombarded with questions and or have your thread edited. Hope members can help a bit.

Community Manager
Hidefninja

Last edited:
I have pics prepared, I just need to get past the restriction. I'll go make some quick replies on other threads and update this.

- Cowboys and Aliens $15
- Sherlock Holmes 1 and 2 $45
- Inception $35
- Toy Story 3 $20
- Transformers Revenge of the Fallen $50
- Salt $20
- The Book of Eli $40
- Iron Man $300
- Terminator Salvation Director's Cut $50
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull $60
- Up $70
- The Hunger Games $25
- Robin Hood $25
- Clash of the Titans $20
- Wrath of the Titans $25
- Lord of the Rings Trilogy $50
- 2012 $20
- Karate Kid (new one) $20
- The Avengers $30
- The Incredibles (Steel Tin container thing) (DVD) $10
- Transformers (Protect) (DVD) $10
- Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2 and 3 $100
- Spiderman 1 (in package) $20
- Michael Jackson's This Is It (In package) $20

Total: $1080

I could be off on some of these though, so don't take my word for it.

Generally most people are looking for specific titles not lots so once you have enough contributing posts you can trade one at a time in proper forum. Per HDN forum guidelines you can start your own trade thread and provide references there fyi.

:::: Digitalbabe ::::

Community Manager
Hidefninja

Bump!
I added pics and Star Trek to the list.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Generally most people are looking for specific titles not lots so once you have enough contributing posts you can trade one at a time in proper forum. Per HDN forum guidelines you can start your own trade thread and provide references there fyi.

:::: Digitalbabe ::::

Community Manager
Hidefninja

I'm not looking to trade right now. I'm just interested in their value.

Hi. I have question that's bothering me and wasn't sure where was the correct place to post, so here goes.

I have a Play.com Iron Man and Iron Man II for trade. A guy on another site has offered to trade I Robot 3D Media Mark't and Transformers DOTM 3D for both of them. Is this a good trade, should I go ahead with it? Or should I hold on to the Iron Men for now as they might increase in value??

I'd like someone to make up my mind for me. I really would like the I Robot and Transformers to add to my collection but am unsure.

Hi. I have question that's bothering me and wasn't sure where was the correct place to post, so here goes.

I have a Play.com Iron Man and Iron Man II for trade. A guy on another site has offered to trade I Robot 3D Media Mark't and Transformers DOTM 3D for both of them. Is this a good trade, should I go ahead with it? Or should I hold on to the Iron Men for now as they might increase in value??

I'd like someone to make up my mind for me. I really would like the I Robot and Transformers to add to my collection but am unsure.

take the deal mate !! this IM from Play.com is all over Ebay every second item is IM PLay.. tbh , they are all good trades from bothends , I think as his steelz cost a lot more than yours & 3D steelz like his avery desireable ATM.. you IM's wont loose any money , but IM I has just stuck at the 45 GBP mark for ages now .. So, If you want his itemz ? I think its a gereat Trade :scat:

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Hmm not sure. I agree that IM has been floating around the same level price wise now for ages but will surely go up. I previously sold TF DOTM 3D DE for £31 (basically cost) and not sure what the value of iRobot is. If you can buy them I'm sure it would be cheaper to hunt them on eBay then to trade the IMs for it. But if you have multiple IMs and really want the other two, go for the trade.

Don't know mate, I wouldn't do it! I Robot (lim.10000) is still available in stores for 29 Euros and Transformers (lim.100000000?) was recently reduced to 20 Euros. IM play is worth 45 GBP and will slowly climb, whereas anything German is most likely stuck in value or will be rereleased down the line....don't do it :p

take the deal mate !! this IM from Play.com is all over Ebay every second item is IM PLay.. tbh , they are all good trades from bothends , I think as his steelz cost a lot more than yours & 3D steelz like his avery desireable ATM.. you IM's wont loose any money , but IM I has just stuck at the 45 GBP mark for ages now .. So, If you want his itemz ? I think its a gereat Trade :scat:

Aw guys.....

After Top Cat's reply my mind was made up. Now, I don't know!! :hilarious:

Thanks for your opinions though ;)

Think I'll just go with the trade if he still wants to.

I don't think the deal is worth it, Iron man 1 is more valuable than any of the steels you mentioned. The choice is yours but I see more potential for the value to rise in Iron man than the other Steels.

i think its a fair deal, you only paid €29.98 for iron man 1 + 2 all be it iron man is worth more now, but thats how much you would have to pay for 1 of the 3d steels(€30)

i myself traded an iron man for tron 3d yesterday and im happy with the deal
keep it if you want to make money on ebay or trade if you really want the 3d steels, simple

Fair enough, but Tron 3D has been sold out for over a year now whereas the others are still stored all over Germany

i think its a fair deal, you only paid €29.98 for iron man 1 + 2 all be it iron man is worth more now, but thats how much you would have to pay for 1 of the 3d steels(€30)

i myself traded an iron man for tron 3d yesterday and im happy with the deal
keep it if you want to make money on ebay or trade if you really want the 3d steels, simple

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Flip
Fair enough, but Tron 3D has been sold out for over a year now whereas the others are still stored all over Germany

i thought tron 3d was available up until recently on jbhi-fi to be honest, anyway i understand what you mean but this is the way i look at it, iron man 1 + 2 cost €29.98
while i robot + transformers cost €49 , good deal by my reckoning and i couldn't care less about ebay values before you say it , in my eyes both parties are gaining from the trade blusteel is saving over €19 if he had to buy at cost and the other member gets iron man 1+2 for under €50 and doesnt have to pay stupid prices on ebay for them

Reactions: Lutzo