Formula 1 - Grand Prix

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Are there any more F1 fans on here? I only really started following it in 2010, so I've still got a lot to learn...

Being British, I'm usually rooting for McLaren! Jenson Button is my favourite driver, obviously followed by Lewis Hamilton. I also like Paul Di Resta and believe he could do a great job if he were in a better team/car. I hate Sebastian Vettel and that annoying finger waving he does as a celebration... although I like his teammate Mark Webber, so I love to see him beat Vettel. :p

I'm also not a big fan of Michael Schumacher, mainly because of what I've seen/heard about his career history... bad attitude and dangerous driving style.

It's sad to see that Rubens Barrichello is no longer in F1, as he was one of the most experienced and respectful drivers/people IMO.

Looking forward to seeing how the 2012 season rolls out (even if I do have to make do with just watching the highlights for half the races), and can't wait to see the first race tomorrow! :D

Last edited:
What a race in China. Wow, so glad I got up early to watch it!
Yep, it was definitely worth getting up early for!

He didn't do too bad by it mind, and to think he was running with that dodgy g/box in Malaysia too. Great to see full race on BBC. I recorded it on HTPC and then did some time shifting so started at 9 not 7, still watched the whole race. Rosberg thoroughly deserved win though would have been nice to have seen him dicing with Jenson, shame about that p/stop.

Miss the Forum even though I never contributed, shame that's not there. Will it return when circus returns to Europe ??
Very true mate. Both Hamilton and Button put up a good fight and it paid off in the end. Like you said though... it's a shame about their little pit stop mishap. I think Jenson would have had a very good chance of winning if it wasn't for that. Never mind though, it was still a great race and a great result! Very happy for Rosberg. :)

They still do the F1 Forum for the races the BBC actually cover by the way... you can watch today's here. Keep an eye out for the Chinese fan (Lao) towards the end... one particular comment he made got him trending on Twitter. :p

Last edited:
So annoyed with the FIA right now! But then I'm also disappointed with McLaren and these silly little errors they keep making. Still, it's going to be interesting to see how Hamilton copes starting from the back... hopefully he'll get a good start and gain a few places before the first corner.

If he turns out the same lap times as in qualifying then he should still finish on the podium anyway! Seems harsh that he bears the brunt of the penalty for the teams error though.

Just read about Hamilton, hahaha.

Haven't got Hamilton or mcclaren in my fantasy f1 team so I'm happy with this ;-)

Booo, as a HamFan I am getting very pissed at McClaren's poor performance as a team this year. The extra 3/4 litre needed would have made very little difference to the actual qualifying time which was way quicker than anyone else on the grid. Also the punishment should have been against the team rather than the driver, and the penalty should be to be dropped to the back of Q3 not Q1 cars. The FIA is getting itself a bad name all over again :angry:

Great performance by Hamilton on Sunday! Seventh different winner of the season so far. EEK!

Can't wait the 1st GP of 2014 with new turbo engine !

And I really hope Kimi and Ferrari will **** Vettel and Redbull this year ! :D (on the track off course lol)

Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
I'm guessing the new 2014 car designs are going to seem a tad strange...

merc-hami-jere-2014-3-470x313.jpg

Yes they are, but I think the Ferrari and the Mercedes are nice !

But the ugliest is the Catheram... seriously WTF is this nose ?! :D

IMG_3790-886x590.jpg