Friends: The Complete Series - 30th Anniversary (1994-2004) (4K UHD Box Set) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 24, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon - Gruv
Price: $224.74 (Amazon) - $199.99 (Gruv)
Notes: 23 UHD discs and 2 Blu-ray discs with Extras

71iteF6XXhL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
All the laughs, all the loves, all the lattes - all yours! Settle in with the hilarious and acclaimed series about a family based on friendship. Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler and Ross were always there for each other.

Now they're here for you in the complete 10-season set of the original broadcast episodes.
Special features include hilarious gag reels, The Rembrandts - "I'll Be There For You": Official music video and much more

Oh damn... I have the wide digibook Blu-ray set. This will be worse packaging, and not sure better quality video.

This gives me so much f*ing hope for more shows to be releases in 4K!
It shouldn't.
This is Friends

Then there's every other such show down here.
But I'd love all of How I Met Your Mother and Always Sunny in Philadelphia on BD! Because they only have DVD releases, and a couple separate seasons on BD...

Reactions: laz305
That's a big bunch of money. Ouch. Great for media legacy and archiving but I'm not sure I need to see these episodes ever again. I must have watched the dvd box set to death and beyond.

Yeah, and even though that's 10 seasons, basic BD boxset can be had for less than 1/5th of this.
But don't worry, 'they'll be there for you' for $99 on some sale later, which is how I plan to buy it, if ever.
Honestly the transfer would have to be spectacularly good for me to get this. And I love Friends too. Once upon a time it was my favourite show. I watched almost the entire thing weekly back when it was on.

Once it goes on sale, I’ll grab it, but no way I’m paying 250 for a TV show. I really wish they’d go back and do the longer versions that they had on DVD, but I doubt they’ll ever do it. This makes me happy I never bought the blu ray set.

I really wish they’d go back and do the longer versions that they had on DVD, but I doubt they’ll ever do it. This makes me happy I never bought the blu ray set.
Wait, the DVD is not only in OAR, but has longer versions of some episodes? How many approximately?

Wait, the DVD is not only in OAR, but has longer versions of some episodes? How many approximately?
Don’t remember. They couldn’t do the longer ones, because they were mastered on videotape and I guess the studio doesn’t want to spend the money to find the film they used, scan it and edit it in.

Personally,this is a case where I’m fine with losing the OAR, but I would like the longer cuts.

This ultimate collector's set for any FRIENDS fan includes over 110 hours of content – including all 236 original broadcast episodes released for the first time in 4K Blu-ray, plus over 20 hours of extra features INCLUDING ALL-NEW BONUS CONTENT

I don't know yet what the new extras are

Reactions: luke98