Getting angry at Sony right now!

thunda123

Premium Supporter
Feb 7, 2009
Arizona U.S.A.
Is anyone else starting to get mad at Sony? I don't understand some of their philosophies at all. Why are they not consistent whatsoever with their regional offerings.

I mean, why do they have exclusive stuff for one region but not another. For example, Sony America is no longer gonna have the buy a PSPgo and get 3 free digital downloads. wtf? Why are the bundles never the same? Europe is getting some nice bundles that supposedly are not coming to america. Why is Japan the only one getting a white Ps3 and some of those other cool ps3? Why is Sony competing against themselves? Why are they continually ignoring fans in different regions? Makes no sense at all.

I'm thinking of buying an xbox 360 just to add to microsoft's lead, just to spite Sony. Ridiculous.

Sony will always cater to their crowd in Japan that's a fact, it's a Japanese company. This probably applies to most Japanese companies, first Japan then everyone else.

Actually Sony more than often releases stuff for Americans before EU and other regions. Yeah sometimes Sony competes with themselves to entice other regions to buy their products.

As far as the PSPGo and no extra downloads I don't know much about that, there isn't much details yet, they might give more details towards the release of the device.

This also applies to the 360 and Microsoft, look at the cool games in Japan that North America hasn't even gotten yet?

This whole cool bundles for Japan has been going on for a long time. Since the PS2. I am sure they will offer something with Go they can't afford to lose customers since the handheld market is clearly dominated by the DS and they want to get a bigger piece of the cake.

Last edited:
Is anyone else starting to get mad at Sony? I don't understand some of their philosophies at all. Why are they not consistent whatsoever with their regional offerings.

I mean, why do they have exclusive stuff for one region but not another. For example, Sony America is no longer gonna have the buy a PSPgo and get 3 free digital downloads. wtf? Why are the bundles never the same? Europe is getting some nice bundles that supposedly are not coming to america. Why is Japan the only one getting a white Ps3 and some of those other cool ps3? Why is Sony competing against themselves? Why are they continually ignoring fans in different regions? Makes no sense at all.

I'm thinking of buying an xbox 360 just to add to microsoft's lead, just to spite Sony. Ridiculous.

later on the year their going to be releasing a different color ps3,And if you do buy the white ps3 from japan you can import it and it'll play US games fine..

or that's what i heard from a guy in AUS who had imported himself one.

my point is though....I shouldn't have to import a damn white ps3. Why the hell aren't they making those for EU and America. I don't even care if it's a limited release so they can see how well it would sell. just do it.

The PSPgo thing....one of the heads of Sony America said they were no longer gonna offer the 3 free game downloads like the other regions. Why the hell not? So, if you have a psp3000 and 10 games you can't even play those on the new one. so, they were gonna offer people with the psp3000 3 free downloads of 3 games you had for the psp3000. Now they just don't feel like doing that for America region.

And, what is so f-ing hard about making the same bundles for the US that they are getting for the Japan and EU. Now they might actually have the same bundles but so far they have said they don't have plans for those.

And, I would love the have a MW2 ps3 like that xbox 360, but I don't want a 360.

All I'm saying is that it just seems like sony is constantly screwing over loyal customers in the different regions. Those regions want what we've got and we want what they've got.

Actually, what I really want is that beautiful Yakuza 3 white ps3

Your are right about everything you've said. Sony's answer would not make any sense except to themselves. How cool would it be to have a CoD themed ps3?!

Want I really want...a ps3 laptop like Ben makes. That would be sweet ass.

my point is though....I shouldn't have to import a damn white ps3. Why the hell aren't they making those for EU and America. I don't even care if it's a limited release so they can see how well it would sell. just do it.

The PSPgo thing....one of the heads of Sony America said they were no longer gonna offer the 3 free game downloads like the other regions. Why the hell not? So, if you have a psp3000 and 10 games you can't even play those on the new one. so, they were gonna offer people with the psp3000 3 free downloads of 3 games you had for the psp3000. Now they just don't feel like doing that for America region.

And, what is so f-ing hard about making the same bundles for the US that they are getting for the Japan and EU. Now they might actually have the same bundles but so far they have said they don't have plans for those.

And, I would love the have a MW2 ps3 like that xbox 360, but I don't want a 360.

All I'm saying is that it just seems like sony is constantly screwing over loyal customers in the different regions. Those regions want what we've got and we want what they've got.

Actually, what I really want is that beautiful Yakuza 3 white ps3

Take matters into your own hands...

Just saying...

Your are right about everything you've said. Sony's answer would not make any sense except to themselves. How cool would it be to have a CoD themed ps3?!

ps3 laptop? :ps3: :eek:

i'd sure as hell pick up a CoD theme playstation,now this is making me think...why the hell isn't there any consoles like this released in US,for any game!!...and all this time!..what are they waiting for?..