Glee 3D comes to theaters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Per First Showing:

Glee is coming to theaters OMG! Okay, confession, yea I'm a little bit of a "Gleek", it's an entertaining show, now don't throw slushees at me please. 20th Century Fox will be combining TV and Film to present a special two-week limited engagement of GLEE LIVE! 3D! (yes, in all caps) in theaters starting August 12th! The news was announced via Deadline/THR. The movie will "capture the unique concert experience" from the upcoming live tour, along with "special moments involving the characters" which includes 14 of the cast members. Oooh, ahh. This will of course be a big, spectacular 3D event, so you won't want to miss it. Right? ...

Jef-yes, it seems they are already burning out. It seems the audience is getting a bit worn out,too? But I have to say I've only watched handful of eps. Just fell behind and then it sat in DVR-but I am going by the unavoidable snippets I've heard on radio, etc....

Jef-yes, it seems they are already burning out. It seems the audience is getting a bit worn out,too? But I have to say I've only watched handful of eps. Just fell behind and then it sat in DVR-but I am going by the unavoidable snippets I've heard on radio, etc....

I've seen all the episodes and still like the show. But to have a show, and DVDs, and 1000 CDs, and a concert, and solo concerts for the actors, then solo cds for the actors, then posters, and other stuff... It's OVERKILL!

I like Glee and agree they are whoring out, but I know why, TV shows just don't last as long as they used to, might as well make as much possible while it's still hot.

I like Glee and agree they are whoring out, but I know why, TV shows just don't last as long as they used to, might as well make as much possible while it's still hot.

Oh for sure. I get that they want the cash... And the show probably wont last beyond 5 seasons... But we'll see...

I still really like it, there's so much they can do with it...

Cali-definitely true-the TV shows are getting churned out like a factory. The fact that we can time delay watch on DVR, etc, has changed the entire game. Glee is one of those that has managed to stay the course, and as we see with all of the constant cancellations, it's tough to be one of those "left standing". Glee is socially relevant and written smartly and fun, plus it has made the musical show "cool" again. I think it definitely doesn't help that we have news and access to "updates" via web, text etc streaming in, given technology. So anytime something becomes popular we feel "beaten over the head" with it. I still support that show for many reasons, and hope to finally catch up with it soon...

Got to see the tour come to Chicago a couple weeks ago. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Lots of production value. Hopefully this comes out on blu-ray, because I'll definitely want to re-live the experience.