Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Discless SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive BP-01) [China]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Group buy: hosted by Wreck Box Set - Double Lenti

53413552639_f03a45c96b_k.jpg53413388353_5a90dad7eb_k.jpg53413552629_d388f591e4_k.jpg53413388363_29de8ae805_k.jpg

Last edited:
Got my set today and in hand a real let down. The box is a lot nicer than expected tbf but none of the slips are really that great (especially the blurry SL which I opened) and the Steelbook in hand just doesn't work. I think the embossed characters which I said from the start was an awful design choice makes the artwork darker and the characters even harder to really see (embossed title is nice though)

Ranking the 3 from the line so far

1st - Doctor Strange 2
2nd - Shang-Chi
3rd - GOTG Vol 3

Think it was @samdavies who said Manta could easily do a better release for this if they do go back to their discless line and I agree

Reactions: milky and samdavies
I think FS is ok here, and DL is very nice and full of colors, I like DL the most here. But I agree on SL lol that one is bad. So dark that you can´t even perceive the depth.

But on the other hand SL Shang Chi is great.

Reactions: milky and tommyh84
Got my set today and in hand a real let down. The box is a lot nicer than expected tbf but none of the slips are really that great (especially the blurry SL which I opened) and the Steelbook in hand just doesn't work. I think the embossed characters which I said from the start was an awful design choice makes the artwork darker and the characters even harder to really see (embossed title is nice though)

1st - Doctor Strange 2
2nd - Shang-Chi
3rd - GOTG Vol 3

Think it was @samdavies who said Manta could easily do a better release for this if they do go back to their discless line and I agree
Agreed. Opened mine today and the box is the best bit lol I've opened the FS, and apart from the front being a touch darker than I'd like, and the rest being bloody silver, not white, I like it.

Also agree the steel doesn't quite work. The characters are too shrouded in darkness for it work well, even though I do like the embossing and the purple colouring. Manta may well do better.

1st - Doctor Strange 2
2nd - Shang-Chi
3rd - GOTG Vol 3

I’m the complete opposite to this take. Although the FS is too dark I think the rest is stunning. Unreal steel, DL and SL. Proper happy with them. DL and steel is my favourite release so far this year for premiums

1.guardians
2.strange
3.shang