Guest House Paradiso (Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Indicator) (Powerhouse Films) [UK]

Nov 18, 2022
Release date: August 19, 2024
Purchase links: Powerhouse Films - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £16.99

449_GUEST_HOUSE_PARADISO_BD_packshot_72dpi_1000px_1296x.png.jpeg

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
  • 4K restoration from the original interpositive
  • Original 5.1 surround sound and stereo audio tracks
  • The Making of ‘Guest House Paradiso’(1999): archival documentary featuring interviews with actor, co-writer and director Adrian Edmondson, actor and co-writer Rik Mayall, producer Phil McIntyre, and actors Fenella Fielding, Hélène Mahieu and Simon Pegg
  • Paradiso Pegg (2023): interview with celebrated actor, writer and comedian Simon Pegg in which he looks back at his time making the film
  • Interview with Colin Towns (2024): the prolific film and television composer discusses his score
  • Interview with Sean Barton (2024): the veteran editor recalls his work on the film
  • Interview with Tom Brown (2024): the production designer explores the guest house’s unique challenges
  • From the Cutting Room Floor (1999): outtakes from the film’s production
  • Original theatrical trailers
  • Image gallery: promotional and publicity material
  • New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Jon Robertson, archival articles on the making of the film, and full film credits
  • UK premiere on Blu-ray
  • Limited edition of 3,000 copies for the UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Limited Edition Blu-ray (UK premiere)

After a decade of honing their signature characters, Richie and Eddie, across TV and stage-show appearances, British comedy legends Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson (The Comic Strip Presents..., The Young Ones) finally gave the pair the big-screen outing which they truly deserved in the riotous, vomit-soaked entertainment that is Guest House Paradiso.

When Mr Nice (Simon Pegg, Shaun of the Dead) and his family check in to ‘the cheapest hotel in Britain’ – run with maximum inefficiency and malfeasance by Richie and Eddie – it sets off an outrageous chain of events involving rubber underwear, a beautiful Italian film star (Hélène Mahieu), her abusive fiancé (Vincent Cassel, Irreversible), and a consignment of radioactive fish.

Featuring a spectacular supporting cast, which also includes Fenella Fielding (Carry On Screaming!, Hammer’s The Old Dark House) and Bill Nighy (Love Actually), this slapstick tour-de-force is a latter-day classic of disreputable British comedy, which has to be seen to be believed.

Blu-ray Special Features

• 4K restoration from the original interpositive
  • Original 5.1 surround sound and stereo audio tracks
  • The Making of ‘Guest House Paradiso’ (1999): archival documentary featuring interviews with actor, co-writer and director Adrian Edmondson, actor and co-writer Rik Mayall, producer Phil McIntyre, and actors Fenella Fielding, Hélène Mahieu and Simon Pegg
  • Paradiso Pegg (2023): interview with celebrated actor, writer and comedian Simon Pegg in which he looks back at his time making the film
  • Interview with Colin Towns (2024): the prolific film and television composer discusses his score
  • Interview with Sean Barton (2024): the veteran editor recalls his work on the film
  • Interview with Tom Brown (2024): the production designer explores the guest house’s unique challenges
  • From the Cutting Room Floor (1999): outtakes from the film’s production
  • Original theatrical trailers
  • Image gallery: promotional and publicity material
  • New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Jon Robertson, archival articles on the making of the film, and full film credits
  • UK premiere on Blu-ray
  • Limited edition of 3,000 copies for the UK
All extras subject to change

BBFC cert: 15
REGION B

Ordered yesterday cos I ******* love this movie. I wish they would put out the bottom lives. I have the big bottom dvd set which actually commands a decent second hand price.

Reactions: walkintom
Yeah, the Big Bottom Box cost me about £30/40 from CeX a few years ago.
It's 50 now. I don't recall what I paid for it. Although I had to rebuy bottom 3 as the disc went missing. I assume its sitting it a dvd case somewhere but I'll probably never find it now lol. Still it only cost me like £2 or something.