HMV Vinyl Week 2017 [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Love vinyl? You’ll love this - vinyl week is coming back to hmv and you’ll be able to pick up some great LPs at discounted prices from Friday 9th June to Sunday 18th June, just in time for Father's Day.

And if that wasn’t enough, there’ll also be some amazing hmv exclusive coloured vinyl and an exclusive sleeve!

The hmv exclusive editions will be available on Saturday 17th June in-store only on a first-come first-served basis (while stocks last) and today we can reveal the first titles included in our vinyl line-up.

hmv vinyl week exclusive editions:
  • Bill Wyman: Bill Wyman on purple vinyl (1000 copies)
  • Cream: Disraeli Gears on red vinyl (1500 copies)
  • Ed Sheeran: + hmv exclusive sleeve on black vinyl (4000 copies)
  • Eric Clapton: Slowhand on white vinyl (1500 copies)
  • Iggy Pop: Lust For Life on red vinyl (1500 copies)
  • Iggy Pop: The Idiot on silver vinyl (1500 copies)
  • Porcupine Tree: One The Sunday Of Life on blue vinyl (1000 copies)
  • Porcupine Tree: Up The Downstair on purple vinyl (1000 copies)
  • Saxon: Live To Rock - The Best Of 1991 - 2009 on black vinyl for the first time (1000 copies)
  • Status Quo: Piledriver on blue vinyl (1500 copies)
  • Suede: Suede on gold vinyl (2000 copies)
  • The Clash: Give 'Em Enough Rope on blue vinyl (1500 copies)
  • The Creation: Our Music Is Red on red & purple vinyl (1000 copies)
  • The Pretty Things: Latest Writs Greatest Hits on light blue vinyl for the first time (500 copies)
  • VA: Red Hot Boppers on 10" red vinyl for the first time (1000 copies)
DnZRZ3q.jpg image.jpeg Gy7No9R.png

Where can I buy the exclusives?
Titles will be available in-store only from Saturday 17th June from opening. All stores will have a limited quantity of all the exclusives which will be sold on a first-come first-served basis. Strictly no reservations. Please arrive in store early on Saturday 17th June to avoid disappointment.
*Please note the exclusives will not be available online.*

How many can I buy?
A maximum of 1 unit per title per customer can be purchased. As an example, customers are able to buy one copy of each of the exclusive albums, but wouldn't be able to buy multiple copies of the same exclusive.

What happens if I miss out on the day?

The titles are very limited and will be sold on a first come first served basis. As well as the exclusives we will also have savings on selected titles.

Last edited:
2nd reveal

Saxon: Live To Rock - The Best Of 1991 - 2009 on black vinyl for the first time (1000 copies)

Bill Wyman: Bill Wyman on purple vinyl (1000 copies)

VA: Red Hot Boppers on 10" red vinyl for the first time (1000 copies)

The Clash: Give 'Em Enough Rope on blue vinyl (1500 copies)

Status Quo: Piledriver on blue vinyl (1500 copies)

image.jpeg

Final reveal next week

Reactions: Noodles
2nd reveal

Saxon: Live To Rock - The Best Of 1991 - 2009 on black vinyl for the first time (1000 copies)

Bill Wyman: Bill Wyman on purple vinyl (1000 copies)

VA: Red Hot Boppers on 10" red vinyl for the first time (1000 copies)

The Clash: Give 'Em Enough Rope on blue vinyl (1500 copies)

Status Quo: Piledriver on blue vinyl (1500 copies)

View attachment 316269

Final reveal next week
Anything you're interested in yet mate? There's still nothing that catches my eye unfortunately.

Reactions: Flloydo
Anything you're interested in yet mate? There's still nothing that catches my eye unfortunately.

There's 3 I'm interested in but I won't be buying them. 2 iggys and the clash but i can live without.

Hopefully nothing tickles my fancy and I save money.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
No soundtracks(n), been told that Manic's Generation Terrorist's GREEN vinyl and a Radiohead Pablo Honey HONEYCOMB vinyl will be around although don't quote me, my source can be hit and miss:naughty:...
That Manics would be a definite for me at the moment 2 iggy's and the 1st Suede album only thing is these pressings were very mixed last year re quality. I had to return a Manics blue vinyl as it was pressed off centre and sounded terrible there were other titles people had issues with think some of these are rushed out.

• Thanks
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
That Manics would be a definite for me at the moment 2 iggy's and the 1st Suede album only thing is these pressings were very mixed last year re quality. I had to return a Manics blue vinyl as it was pressed off centre and sounded terrible there were other titles people had issues with think some of these are rushed out.
I'd be interested in Generation Terrorist's too, I personally regard that as one of the best debut's of all time, last year I only picked up the Ex Machina soundtrack although I was tempted to pick up Everything Must Go and probably will in the end, I wasn't aware of any quality issue's, so thank's for letting me know, as I say my source isn't the best, so I threw that out there as a potential rumour...

Reactions: Travis Bickle
No soundtracks(n), been told that Manic's Generation Terrorist's GREEN vinyl and a Radiohead Pablo Honey HONEYCOMB vinyl will be around although don't quote me, my source can be hit and miss:naughty:...

Wtf!!

If Radiohead Pablo Honey gets released on honeycomb then it's going to be hard to pass.

But I'll have to wait for stock online as I won't be near a store

Remind me to get myself a wife. :p

You picking anything up mate? I'm tempted by a few.

There's a few I would like but most are the same price drops they have had every few months so I won't at the moment as I have other things on order or plan to get plus I'm waiting for their final reveal of vinyl.
I've just seen the true romance is on Amazon too but I can't really go for it either

You?

There's a few I would like but most are the same price drops they have had every few months so I won't at the moment as I have other things on order or plan to get plus I'm waiting for their final reveal of vinyl.
I've just seen the true romance is on Amazon too but I can't really go for it either

You?
I'm pretty much in the same situation mate... would like to get some but shouldn't really be spending money on stuff I'm not desperate for at the moment. I haven't even had a proper look at what's available to be honest, just so I'm not tempted to buy more. :p

Same with True Romance too... although I think I prefer the look of the other upcoming release, so will most likely try to get that instead.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo