Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray FuturePak) [France]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 7, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC - E.Leclerc (ships only within France)
Price: €24.99

Invasion-Of-The-Body-Snatchers-Boitier-Metal-Blu-ray.jpg

Have it as Mediabook - Die Dämonischen - it was cheaper than cheap, but got an undamaged one :D

Attachments

• 61Isq-BooEL._SL1172_.jpg
    61Isq-BooEL._SL1172_.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 47
Bit of a pointless release when there is a 4k release forthcoming.
Don´t know, it is a European release - even DVD is still a common medium here and the most 4K reworks/restaurations of shout etc. didn´t reach the common market and the Blu-Ray transfer is very good on this one. Also there´s no french audio track on the US discs and there will not be one on the Kino-Lorber-edition as well.

Don´t know, it is a European release - even DVD is still a common medium here and the most 4K reworks/restaurations of shout etc. didn´t reach the common market and the Blu-Ray transfer is very good on this one. Also there´s no french audio track on the US discs and there will not be one on the Kino-Lorber-edition as well.
Plenty of 4k releases and superb ones at that coming out in Europe that haven't even come out in the UK or America. The 1965 classic the Killers or The Blood on Satan's Claw have both had 100% genuine 4k releases in Germany and they still haven't been released anywhere else. All with English soundtracks as well as German ones. I have a couple of French releases in 4k with both English and German soundtracks. No forced subtitles either.

Plenty of 4k releases and superb ones at that coming out in Europe that haven't even come out in the UK or America. The 1965 classic the Killers or The Blood on Satan's Claw have both had 100% genuine 4k releases in Germany and they still haven't been released anywhere else. All with English soundtracks as well as German ones. I have a couple of French releases in 4k with both English and German soundtracks. No forced subtitles either.
Why should they come without an English soundtrack, that´s no feature and the movies you mentioned above maybe ok, but I don´t need a 4K-version and I think no one would have realised a normal remastered Blu-Ray one. Reeker 1+2 I bought as Mediabooks from Mediacs and also would have bought a remastered blu, but they come out a long time afterwards. Death Wish and Detroit are the only exclusive ones her from the common studio-releases, The "Hidden Figures" one was released here only on blu and had a 4K-release in UK with german audio-track, that is very seldom,
71alf08T2dL._SL1200_.jpg
91ozWUWV5CL._SL1500_.jpg
714dNJyaRlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Why should they come without an English soundtrack, that´s no feature and the movies you mentioned above maybe ok, but I don´t need a 4K-version and I think no one would have realised a normal remastered Blu-Ray one. Reeker 1+2 I bought as Mediabooks from Mediacs and also would have bought a remastered blu, but they come out a long time afterwards. Death Wish and Detroit are the only exclusive ones her from the common studio-releases, The "Hidden Figures" one was released here only on blu and had a 4K-release in UK with german audio-track, that is very seldom,
View attachment 561374View attachment 561375View attachment 561376
Both films i mentioned have cult status and I'm amazed they have have had no 4k release elsewhere. A couple of films have come out in 4k in Europe with no English soundtrack. The Charles Bronson film Rider on the Rain 1970 came out in Germany on 4k with German And French soundtracks only.

The Charles Bronson film Rider on the Rain 1970 came out in Germany on 4k with German And French soundtracks only.
But that is not on purpose it is an error or misprint then, database sais it comes wit englis track. There´s a 4 minutes longer frech cut on it, probably you mean this one

But that is not on purpose it is an error or misprint then, database sais it comes wit englis track. There´s a 4 minutes longer frech cut on it, probably you mean this one
Could be right but i see nothing on the packaging that indicates an English track certainly from the front and back images I see.

Could be right but i see nothing on the packaging that indicates an English track certainly from the front and back images I see.
first thought it is a dub-track, but no it was filmed in french language and also in english, so that the so called french cut differs in length, just because of the longer spoken texts, but it is identical to the US-version, maybe you watch it next time and can tell if it is an english-friendly release

Last edited:
first thought it is a dub-track, but no it was filmed in french language and also in english, so that the so called french cut differs in length, just because of the longer spoken texts, but it is identical to the US-version, maybe you watch it next time and can tell if it is an english-friendly release
Not finding any reviews on it to tell me it's English friendly....