Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Jennifer Eight (1992)

Tagline: Is anyone there?

Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller

Director: Bruce Robinson

Cast: Andy García, Lance Henriksen, Uma Thurman, Graham Beckel, Kathy Baker, Kevin Conway, John Malkovich, Perry Lang, Nicholas Love, Michael O'Neill, Paul Bates, Bob Gunton, Lenny Von Dohlen, Debbon Ayer, Eddie Korbich, Stephen Piemonte, Ken Camroux-Taylor, Carol Schneider, Deborah Spector, Frank Birney, Mike Winlaw, Jeffrey Josephson, Thomas J. Hageboeck, Jaylene Hamilton, Joe Drago, Jonas Quastel, Charles Eaton, Bryan Larkin

Release: 1992-11-06

Runtime: 124

Plot: John Berlin, a big-city cop from LA moves to a small-town police force and immediately finds himself investigating a murder. Using theories rejected by his colleagues, Berlin meets a young blind woman named Helena, whom he is attracted to. Meanwhile, a serial killer is on the loose—and only John knows it.

One of the movies I've missed in the 90s. I've seen VHS tapes at Blockbuster, someone even rented it, I think, only I didn't watch it. Later I might have bought it on DVD, but still hasn't seen it. Now I've missed the Blu-ray release in the US about 10 years ago, and the disc is now OOP and costing 3× the price, around $60. Could import from France for $25, but Apple had it for just $1.50, so I bought a 'digital copy', the BDs have no extras anyway.
It's an old school detective thriller with a very lovely young Uma Thurman in one of her first roles, and I've always liked Andy Garcia, so this film went down really well for me. Don't understand the low ratings, I guess in the 90's there were so many awesome movies, that people treated some of them as second rate, while it's a pleasure seeing something like this 30 years later!

I remember watching this many years ago, so long ago I remember nothing that happens in it. I don't remember if it was good or bad. One of the many thrillers that came out in the 90s.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database