Junk Shops in Japan: A Photo Tour. Blurays, Retros Games, Toys!

Bruckle

Laserdisc Collection Award
Premium Supporter
Mar 6, 2015
Japan
Hi all,
So yesterday I went for a 8 hour drive around my surrounding area of Japan going to as many Junk stores as I could find looking for cool stuff. I took a few pics in case anyone was interested in a look :thumbs:
First Stop Book-Off:
dW74RTn.jpg

ze7j35W.jpg

SfxTnxs.jpg

RVWOVbT.jpg

SgcHjFr.jpg

BTfc6gD.jpg

yjoSWQ6.jpg

ybnrun6.jpg

QOB9hkc.jpg

VhlOTiq.jpg

KNI96rp.jpg

Ie2nFFn.jpg

YZG96El.jpg

OREoTJZ.jpg

aMlO3l2.jpg

2nd Stop Mandaishoten (This place is F-ing Awesome!!!!!)
WovsNgp.jpg

kxRamZU.jpg

YJM9gd8.jpg

Li1chDK.jpg

Eo3SkcV.jpg

qIfAlD7.jpg

VhRNvJR.jpg

fg1XNpi.jpg

gbVVL52.jpg

In3d4Us.jpg

JMjvG5U.jpg

KlFUX1i.jpg

pWBusum.jpg

NY8FvJj.jpg

WlNWDkM.jpg

IP0pNvV.jpg

4A42NXn.jpg

cQVbckN.jpg

uY2EhmE.jpg

trjUzHV.jpg

ODJ9B3d.jpg

GobK50Z.jpg

oksa5g2.jpg

cNeULpB.jpg

GJHcA5E.jpg

66s4Lwg.jpg

amn0aqE.jpg

RFUyPxc.jpg

uLF6bNA.jpg

Xv3CVVh.jpg

8kIgoIs.jpg

Next Stop Hard-Off
q5m90MT.jpg

K5bT7PJ.jpg

QJkSvCf.jpg

st8j79X.jpg

zSLLeaz.jpg

Q9wU312.jpg

ZCtL2Zd.jpg

IJzIyBn.jpg

VGnZO0E.jpg

CqzDduc.jpg

3dSykHn.jpg

Q9E779Z.jpg

QJ1Xq59.jpg

Q0hPWCr.jpg

0uDr0at.jpg

lf81Ha2.jpg

Hit up a few more stores after that but nothing exciting.

Next good place Hard-Off 2

8dowrGe.jpg

0RzKLdC.jpg

G7p5atT.jpg

VATgKBY.jpg

tW6Pn4O.jpg

5K113Yx.jpg

lkSLvVH.jpg

mvVC1QQ.jpg

6gcu9l6.jpg

LbgPIop.jpg

ee6QuG0.jpg

ymr6HSO.jpg

gj6dXbk.jpg

U9yuiji.jpg

6g9r9ML.jpg

odlXMfV.jpg

DkDIikm.jpg

uanblfB.jpg

Next Hard-Off 3
6uqCFHy.jpg

YQqM6O1.jpg

tzJlPaI.jpg

AaK5btM.jpg

3UqydSq.jpg

tORm3rA.jpg

id6w914.jpg

ba9pPXe.jpg

iahEoz4.jpg

5sutFci.jpg

BRivKlt.jpg

CI0qh1J.jpg

Then on the way home I stopped by a Tsutaya Video Store

P1q6PKC.jpg

W1iaUy2.jpg

CKCGaCk.jpg

And here's what today's adventure brought me:
mnzFZzQ.jpg

So as you can see Blu-rays are still crazy expensive in Japan, but a lot of other stuff can be found pretty cheap. 58 yen Laserdiscs?! Cant wait for Steelbooks to drop that low in what, 20 years lol

UPDATE: Found a pretty sweet games store on the other side of town this week:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Some pretty cool stuff :thumbs:

UPDATE 2: Went to Tokyo with a mate for a couple of days and managed to take a few snaps in between getting absolutely smashed!!:LOL::vomit::whistle:
Q1H3ZPP.jpg

4Y844ZJ.jpg

lWq04yW.jpg

QuDo91t.jpg

ZYX6FmB.jpg

Why did I not buy this?!
fxwyq9u.jpg

6VlXc1w.jpg

ON3ro0i.jpg

Lots to see at the Super Potato Retro Game store
uA1ABck.jpg

36MjfFq.jpg

oXGIpEW.jpg

C4FJ0TD.jpg

k1GopLK.jpg

WudSXXF.jpg

Qh41t80.jpg

hWBDCSV.jpg

ufmIOKz.jpg

VTQSafR.jpg

XjoX69s.jpg

pwnFE9L.jpg

EWCCGNL.jpg

r0NUF2D.jpg

Wh1LEIU.jpg

WafLQpa.jpg

6ZUxmhI.jpg

jp5Hu39.jpg

U4618wB.jpg

v9gZ0XN.jpg

BuvYbO4.jpg

Can't go to Tokyo without stopping off for a well earned drink at one of the local Maid Cafes.
(No photos allowed, but I took one sneaky one:whistle:)
vTbe9cY.jpg

Quick look at some caps.
VtL2lQL.jpg

UyzkpIo.jpg

I recommend a fun(crazy) night out at the ROBOT restaurant.:pompus:
7j5V9gv.jpg

BQRoY6f.jpg

KmroUmX.jpg

WTeYDLP.jpg

HrSF0c6.jpg

A7KEACU.jpg

And one must end a fantastic day out in Tokyo at the Abby Road Beatles live house bar. This place is amazing (if you like the Beatles at least). The house band can play EVERY Beatles song note for note perfect! Truly awesome. Unfortunately, no photos during the sets.
AH4XMy3.jpg

e7sSRoE.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks so much for this. Very cool! I saw some very rare stuff in regards to Toys, but of course the prices were pretty much in line with the value of them on ebay. So they know what they got. :p

Reactions: Bruckle
Thanks so much for this. Very cool! I saw some very rare stuff in regards to Toys, but of course the prices were pretty much in line with the value of them on ebay. So they know what they got. :p

Yeah I hate it when they know what they've got! Much more fun when they don't and you can pick stuff up for a steal! Like with my 58yen LaserActive discs:naughty:

WOW!! :wow: Thanks for sharing @Bruckle :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: We don´t have anything like those stores here in Finland, at least where i am from :grumpy:
I have a few questions, so....... PM incoming ;)

Well I though about getting some photos to show the Ninjas at least :smuggrin::Snap::cigar:

Yeah, to make all of us jealous - great idea!!! :banghead: :LOL:

No seriously, it's great to see shops of foreign countries, hope to see some more at some point! :)

How about a dedicaded section for the shops all over the world? :D

Yeah, to make all of us jealous - great idea!!! :banghead: :LOL:

No seriously, it's great to see shops of foreign countries, hope to see some more at some point! :)

How about a dedicaded section for the shops all over the world? :D

That's a great idea dude. I'd love to see what it's like in other countries. I can't imagine the sweet gear you must be able to find in shops in countries like the States and others.

That's a great idea dude. I'd love to see what it's like in other countries. I can't imagine the sweet gear you must be able to find in shops in countries like the States and others.

Wait what, you're not from the states? Shut up, you're from Japan, are you?! :D

Yeah me too, how about opening a section for that?
Hmm... but who to ask..?
@tridon / @apsmith21 / @AcIDc0r3 ? :dunno:

Awesome idea & pictures @Bruckle :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
I love to go to supermarkets when I'm on vaca to look out for the foreign stuff but to go to such stores wow that would be amazing!!!
Even the regular keep cases look attractive to me :oohyeah:

I watch this thread. Really enjoyed, thank you :thumbs:

Awesome idea & pictures @Bruckle :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
I love to go to supermarkets when I'm on vaca:writing: to look out for the foreign stuff but to go to such stores wow that would be amazing!!!
Even the regular keep cases look attractive to me :oohyeah:

I watch this thread. Really enjoyed, thank you :thumbs:

Thanks my man @dan8885. Yeah I love going to supermarkets in foreign countries. Seeing all the same products that are all strangely different. Good fun.

I'm heading to Tokyo for a few days of fun late October. Will be taking snaps of the cool stores there for sure. The most excellent retro game store Super Potato is a must :woot:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885
Thanks my man @dan8885. Yeah I love going to supermarkets in foreign countries. Seeing all the same products that are all strangely different. Good fun.

I'm heading to Tokyo for a few days of fun late October. Will be taking snaps of the cool stores there for sure. The most excellent retro game store Super Potato is a must :woot:

Oh man how would I love to visit Japan and also South Korea. One day it will happen :rolleyes:

When I come to Japan buddy I holla at you so we get some yakiniku and drink some yebisu and rioting the local junk shops :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Oh man how would I love to visit Japan and also South Korea. One day it will happen :rolleyes:

When I come to Japan buddy I holla at you so we get some yakiniku and drink some yebisu and rioting the local junk shops :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Sounds like my kind of plan!!! :D:D
Get over here and I'll drive you around to as many junk shops as we can find!! We'll have to Janken to see who gets to buy what, when we find cool stuff though hey :rofl:

Sounds like my kind of plan!!! :D:D
Get over here and I'll drive you around to as many junk shops as we can find!! We'll have to Janken to see who gets to buy what, when we find cool stuff though hey :rofl:

I googled janken since I didn't know what it is. Never know that it takes such a big spot of using in Japan. Lesson learned.
But we do it the Sheldon way: Rock, Paper, Scissor, Lizard, Spock :rofl: :thumbs: