Multi Jurassic Park - LRG Steelbook

Thoth

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
FB_IMG_1693417348880.jpg

Price: $64.99 @ Limited Run Games
Not too bad of a price this time around. I wonder if it's going to be embossed, that would be really cool!

Reactions: kaw
Are they any good?
They haven't even written clearly which versions and how many there will be, but those two listed on NES and SNES were pretty bad. Black & grey GameBoy version of course as well. It's nowhere near Captain Quazar or Gex quality, and even Aliens from that time was better.

• Informative
Reactions: JRodDirector
I
They haven't even written clearly which versions and how many there will be, but those two listed on NES and SNES were pretty bad. Black & grey GameBoy version of course as well. It's nowhere near Captain Quazar or Gex quality, and even Aliens from that time was better.
I'm eagerly awaiting their Gex Remaster collection! I'm wondering if they will do it as a collection or more commonly what they do is sell each individual game separately like No More Heroes or Bloodrayne.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I
I'm eagerly awaiting their Gex Remaster collection! I'm wondering if they will do it as a collection or more commonly what they do is sell each individual game separately like No More Heroes or Bloodrayne.
Oh, I didn't know they're doing a Gex remaster, I still have my original 3DO game and console. :D

Oh, I didn't know they're doing a Gex remaster, I still have my original 3DO game and console. :D
Definitely! Out of this year's E3 event. I think the Gex remaster trilogy & Gargoyles Remastered actually sounds most interesting.

Pro- Gargoyles is a brand new fully remaster like Metroid Prime remastered
Con- Gex may be a ****** port. I found out the carbon engine doesn't wide screen a game so it will likely have large black bars on the side which is off-putting to me. At that point I'm like I may as well play this on an Emulator

• Informative
Reactions: Lenny Nero
I
Watch Gex (or Tomba), the ones people are anticipating, not get a steelbook

Watch Gex (or Tomba), the ones people are anticipating, not get a steelbook
I would have jumped at the Force Unleashed steelbook, but it was a nasty looking image of all Grey with like a light beam or lighstaber as the core design for the front cover. I was like comeee ONn! That game had such better art then the crap they used for it

I would have jumped at the Force Unleashed steelbook, but it was a nasty looking image of all Grey with like a light beam or lighstaber as the core design for the front cover. I was like comeee ONn! That game had such better art then the crap they used for it
Yeah it's typical for LRG

Most of the games where you think "Damn, these games could get awesome Steelbooks" get either terrible / just passable designs or they just don't do them full stop. There's only been a small handful of titles where the steelbooks have been pretty good.

A lot of the time it's the very niche games that get steelbooks and also have really good designs

I mean look at the Star Wars ones, usually the back art is terrible, just 2/3 logos slapped on it where they called it a day. It's Star Wars, you'd think the effort would have put into them consdering we'll probably not have these types of games re-released for a long time.

Like I said though you can get some nice ones like Castlevania, Shantae, Psychonauts, TMNT, Streets of Rage 4 etc

Reactions: JRodDirector
I've lost faith in lrg. They don't even try to be realistic about releases or get a schedule in place, they just take your money and then get around it it whenever. I paid for Radiant Silvergun nearly a year ago and they still can't set a date for it, it's ridiculous