Horror-Arrow-UK Koyaanisqatsi + Powaqqatsi (Blu-ray)

Baltic

Premium Supporter
Sep 8, 2013
Riga, LV
Release Date : 12 May 2014

Links : Arrow Films, Amazon

UPC/EAN : 5027035010885

Spec :
Region: B
Rating: PG
Duration: 86 mins / 99 mins
Language: N/A
Subtitles: N/A
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 for both
Audio: 5.1 DTS-HD MA / 2.0 PCM for both
Colour: Colour

Description :
Synopsis:

ko●yaa●nis●qatsi (from the Hopi language)

n., 1. crazy life 2. life in turmoil 3. life out of balance 4. life disintegrating 5. a state of life that calls for another way of living

po●waq●qa●tsi (from the Hopi language, powaq sorcerer + qatsi life)

n., an entity, a way of life, that consumes the life forces of other beings in order to further its own life

Told without dialogue, narration, cast or characters, Koyaanisqatsi and Powaqqatsi are dizzying, hypnotic examples of cinema set to extraordinary scores by Philip Glass. The first instalment concentrates on the United States, contrasting its natural beauty with a population ever more dependent on modern technology. The second switches to the Southern hemisphere and focuses on cultures and traditions that are slowly eroding away as the modern world takes over.

Special features :
SPECIAL FEATURES:

New, restored digital transfers of Koyaanisqatsi and Powaqqatsi, approved by director Godfrey Reggio, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtracks
Introduction by filmmaker and composer Gary Tarn (Black Sun, The Prophet)
Interviews with Reggio and composer Philip Glass on the making of Koyaanisqatsi and Powaqqatsi
Anima Mundi (1992): Reggio’s 28-minute montage of over seventy animal species, scored by Philip Glass
Original theatrical trailers for Koyaanisqatsi and Powaqqatsi
Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the films by Anton Bitel, Michael Brooke, Peter Cowie and Jean-Baptiste Gouyon

Koyaanisqatsi+Powaqqatsi.jpg

Koyaanisqatsi+Powaqqatsi 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought it back then. Maybe you wait for the next Arrow Sale. Should be around 13-15 GBP then I think.
Oh really? Cool! Do you know how often they have a sale? I know they had one recently, but I avoided checking it out as I was pretty much broke at the time and didn't want to be tempted to buy anything. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Oh really? Cool! Do you know how often they have a sale? I know they had one recently, but I avoided checking it out as I was pretty much broke at the time and didn't want to be tempted to buy anything. :p

I'm not exactly sure but I would say quarterly. And I think this set was 12,99 GBP in sale.
And yes, I was also broke and was forced to pass the last time :(

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I'm not exactly sure but I would say quarterly. And I think this set was 12,99 GBP in sale.
And yes, I was also broke and was forced to pass the last time :(
I'll have to keep an eye out then. Cheers mate! :)

Yeah, these sales always seem to come at the wrong time unfortunately. (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885