LOTR Extended films in theaters 6/14,6/21,6/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
http://www.fathomevents.com/originals/series/lordoftherings.aspx

The most magical epic adventure in motion picture history is coming to the big screen this June for a three night theatrical event series. NCM Fathom and Warner Home Video are bringing all three The Lord of the Rings Extended Edition films to movie theaters nationwide. The events will begin with a new and personal introduction for each film from The Lord of the Rings™ director Peter Jackson captured from the set of his current film, and The Lord of the Rings prequel, The Hobbit, and will be immediately followed by the Extended Edition feature presentations which altogether include nearly 3 hours of additional feature footage carefully selected by Peter Jackson.

The Academy Award®-winning trilogy will be featured in an exclusive series of three in-theater events including The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring™ on June 14, 2011; The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers™ on June 21, 2011; and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King™ on June 28, 2011. Each event will begin at 7:00 p.m. local time.

Don’t miss your chance to see this historic series and celebrate the release of the The Lord Of The Rings™ Motion Picture Trilogy: Extended Edition on Blu-ray™ from Warner Home Video on June 28, 2011.

TICKETING
Tickets are on sale now for this three night event! Limited seats available – buy your tickets early!

PARTICIPATING THEATRES
Click here for a list of all participating theaters.

*Check back often if ticketing is not yet available for your nearest theater location as updates are being made daily. Please note: Theater locations are subject to change.

I was at the theater last night for LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring Remastered Extended Edition, and i was blown away!! It was my first time watching the Extended Editions on the Big screen and it didnt dissapoint! It looked and sounded phenominal!

I was a little late arriving to the theater, and missed most of the opening comments by Peter Jackson (who was on the set of "the Hobbit") but i heard him say something along the lines of these are the debut for the new remastered transfers that will be available later this month in the Extended Edition Box set. Those of us who were a little upset at the original BD release of the theatrical editions of the films, especially Fellowship, can feel at ease that the color timing and audio issues have been improved.

now I look forward to Next weeks showing of LOTR: The Two Towers The Extended Edition.

Watched the first one on Tuesday. It's been a long time since I actually watched the trilogy, so most of the movie felt new to me. The theatre was packed, so they had to open another theater to open up more seats. At one point while we were waiting, a group of people came in dressed as elves! Now that's commitment. I can't wait to watch the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.