Man I wish we could get some news on US steelbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2012
We got a lot of FS ones coming up that I was hoping we would get US ones for too. Lorax, Avengers, Hunger Games. Why do they got to make us wait so.

Last edited by a moderator:
seriously it would definitely be nice just so we know if we need to pre-order with a Canadian member or join a GB. I'm sure our Canadian friends are tired of seeing us cancel our order(s) when we get the same steelbook/viva metalbox last minute.

seriously it would definitely be nice just so we know if we need to pre-order with a Canadian member or join a GB. I'm sure our Canadian friends are tired of seeing us cancel our order(s) when we get the same steelbook/viva metalbox last minute.

Don't be silly. Mehdi likes to do it. It keeps him out of trouble

Reactions: Colombianlove41
I have my sister pick them up for me, it makes it a lot easier for me to plan if I know we are getting them or not. I now have the first 6 Harry Potters so I was going to start looking at some other FS titles and it would be nice to plan.

I wholeheartedly agree! They announce them way ahead of time at FutureShop. If Best Buy is going to get them as well, it would be soooo nice to know so we wouldn't have to enter group buys that we don't need to!

I was thinking the same thing. Retailers like Best Buy, who primarily distribute blu ray steelbooks in the USA underestimate the steelbook market from pre sale marketing to in store advertising. Doesn't Future Shop have a devoted steelbook section in their stores? As easy as it is to blame retailers, the only studios who seem to care about distributing steelbooks in the US are WB and Universal. It's great to have the ability to manufacture g2 steelbooks but if retailers and studios don't see the US as a viable market, what good is it? Look at the UK and Play.com specifically. There is a steelbook release almost everyday. They effectively market these releases and the studios
continue to oblige.

Reactions: MK50
I wish we would get some info on the Lorax, my wife really wants it and I need to know if my sister needs to pick it up.

I wish we would get some info on the Lorax, my wife really wants it and I need to know if my sister needs to pick it up.

I believe IF we do get this title it will show up like how Underworld Awakening showed up in stores.

the englisn are not that good with steelbooks, went in to HMV they had 3 steelbooks ( total recall. girl with the dragon tattoo. devels double ) there was around 6 copies of each all were open and forced against each other, they had scratches all over them .... sacralidge

Status
Not open for further replies.