Marcel the Shell With Shoes On (4K UHD & Blu-ray Collector's Editions) (A24 Shop Exclusive) [USA]

lenticularis

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: October 4, 2022
Purchase link: A24 4K UHD - Standard
Price: $36 (4K) - $34 (Standard)
Notes: Comes with an 80-page interior booklet inside a 5.5" x 6.75" slipcase.
Choice of Standard Blu-ray or 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray.

MtSWSO.PNG
MTSwSO2.PNG

MTSwSO3.PNG

MTSwSO4.PNG

MTSwSO7.PNG

MTSwSO6.PNG

Marcel the Shell with Shoes On comes with an 80-page interior booklet inside a 5.5" x 6.75" slipcase. Choice of Standard Blu-ray or 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray.

Disc extras:
○ Making-of featurette
○ Original shorts
○ Filmmaker commentary with Dean Fleischer Camp, Jenny Slate, and Nick Paley

Booklet contents:
○ Storyboard excerpts
○ Character artwork
○ Animation brief excerpts
○ Behind the scenes photography

Standard Blu-ray
○ 1080p High Definition
○ 16x9 Widescreen 1.55:1 Presentation
○ English Dolby Atmos
○ Rated PG
○ 90 Minutes
○ English SDH and Spanish subtitles available

4K UHD Blu-ray
○ 2160p UHD with HDR Dolby Vision
○ 16x9 Widescreen 1.55:1 Presentation
○ English Dolby Atmos
○ Rated PG
○ 90 Minutes
○ English SDH and Spanish subtitles available

Is this actually any good? I’ve been wondering if I should buy blind or watch it first…

Ordered this yesterday. Didn’t get a chance to see it when it was in theaters but I’m a sucker for stop-motion and I’ve only heard positive things about the film.

Reactions: Flloydo
Have you a “If you like …, then you’ll like this” reference?
agree with @Flloydo, @aj101097 and others, it's a real treat. :drool: been meaning to set up this thread and do an unboxing post for ages for this, just haven't had any time due to work :blackeye:. nice set. :thumbs:

the feature is much more than the delightful short films, with childlike wonder, gentle humour, some meta aspects, and more emotional heft than i had expected, and even has some interesting things to say (quietly and in an adorable voice) about online communities.

i don't usually care/comment on the private lives of film people, but it's such a sweet tale, for me it's remarkable to learn the director and Jenny Slate (Marcel's voice) were divorcing during filming.

Reactions: Flloydo