Hi-Def Audio Metallica - Francais Pour Une Nuit (2009)

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
51tFV-P-f6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SIMPLY BADASS!!!

To tell the truth, Metallica has been slipping away from me lately but their latest album "Death Magnetic" has re-lit the fires in me to get some more METALLICA. I decided to spend the money on this over priced Blu-ray and I'm glad I did. Altho I haven't watched the whole concert yet, It tuely looks awesome and sounds even better. Unfortunately I have 2 complaints about the mixing of the music:

1. what is it with Metallica and hate for the sound of a bass??? once again it seems the bass is way too low in the mix and needs to be bumped up. i messed with my settings on my amp but to no avail, must be in the mix.

2. as we all know, every band does overdubs on live material but it seems on the last few concerts I've seen Metallica produce Hetfield is using a bit of a "pitch adjuster" to make his vocals sound perfect. I absolutely hate that but it doesn't ruin this Blu-ray for me.

Another really cool aspect of this concert is that it was filmed in the Nimes Coliseum in France. very cool to see the boys walk out from backstage to the audience thru the hallways that the Gladiators once used.

If you're a fan...GO GET IT.

I just got this from amazon.ca a week ago. Watched it last weekend and it was pretty killer. Now i wanna pick up the Mexico show on blu ray but its $50

Track list of French for a Night,

Blackened
Creeping Death
Fuel
Harvester of Sorrow
Fade to Black
Broken, Beat & Scarred
Cyanide
Sad but True
One
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master of Puppets
Dyers Eve
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Stone Cold Crazy
Motorbreath
Seek & Destroy

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Metallica: Orgullo Pasión y Gloria: Tres Noches en México

Track list for Pride, Passion and Glory. Three nights in Mexico,

The Ecstasy Of Gold
Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Ride The Lightning
Disposable Heroes
One
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Memory Remains
Sad But True
The Unforgiven
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Fight Fire With Fire
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
The Wait
Hit The Lights
Seek & Destroy

Last edited:
PQ and AQ are excellent. Amazon.ca was $32 after GST(canada only) and .com was $46 when i bought mine a couple weeks back. Just thought i'd let you know, but i am not sure what the current price is?

EDIT:
.ca is $34 then plus shipping i guess
.com is $45

Last edited: