Moving house, how do people pack Steelbooks?

Dec 17, 2010
South west england
I'm moving house and have moved 99% of my stuff, I'm in a quandary about how best to transport my Steelbooks. I was hoping some people here may have some experience of doing this and can advise me, I'm stuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are too many, although that will probably be the way I end up doing it. It will take ages though as I suspect it will take multiple trips.
All my regular blu's were boxed up with the rest of our stuff but the steels sit there.

Just looking for some advice really

There are too many, although that will probably be the way I end up doing it. It will take ages though as I suspect it will take multiple trips.
All my regular blu's were boxed up with the rest of our stuff but the steels sit there.

how many steelbooks do you have

I would say get a roll of bubble wrap and start wrapping one, wrap it it one layer and then add another, in loose rows and out them in a box. I would not pack them toot tight, just in case they set for a while. I would also not stack them, unless you have very sturdy boxes and can add something to reinforce the perimeter of the boxes as you pack each. Not really a way to avoid damage, unless you do this carefully-I've had to pack this many and more, and from experience it's definitely to err on the side of caution so your collectibles don't literally 'take a hit' while you're also concerned about the move as a whole, of course. Good luck!:)

Reactions: Orekul

I reckon you could maybe get them all across in 1-2 trips possibly, depending on how they're packed. Take a look at Biscuit's group buy threads (Hunger Games specifically) and check the first videos and see how they're packed in the boxes (standing up). Yes there is no padding but they'll be fine in the backseat of your car if they're all in polysleeves/clear slips. Or as DB suggested put a single layer of bubble between each. You could probably even strap the boxes in with the seatbelt.

Reactions: Orekul
Thanks for the replies & help, like db says I'm probably best to use long rolls of bubble wrap and like Simon says I will probably do it in a couple of trips and belt the box in. Of all my possessions I'm most nervous about transporting these, I will use all the foam I saved from play.com's new packaging to space them out too.

I'll be doing it sometime over the weekend and will update the thread.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited: