BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Night of the Hunted (2023)

Tagline: Everyone is a target

Genre: Mystery, Horror, Thriller

Director: Franck Khalfoun

Cast: Camille Rowe, Aleksandar Popovic, J. John Bieler, Jeremy Scippio, Brian Breiter, Monaia Abdelrahim, Isaiah Reyes, Brenda Nunez, Stasa Stanic, Abbe Andersen

Release: 2023-10-12

Runtime: 95

Plot: When an unsuspecting woman stops at a remote gas station in the dead of night, she's made the plaything of a sociopath sniper with a secret vendetta. To survive, she must not only dodge his bullets and fight for her life, but also figure out who wants her dead and why.

Cool, from Alexandre Aja, plus I've yet to see a bad original movie from Shudder, and they usually release them on discs!

So it's a 'TV movie of the week', but a better one, a tight 'one-location' survival thriller that manages to make great use of something as simple, as a convenience store. It's actually a remake of a 2015 Spanish film Night of the Rat, about a couple caught at a similar gas station, where I guess concentration was a little different, from the 'modern' American conservative and former army guy that's upset about being vilified as an 'anti-vaxxer, right-wing conspiracy nut', as he says so himself. Which makes me actually like him, lots of people feel oppressed nowadays by the crazy leftard nazis, and are this close to getting a rifle and just shooting a few random people. Which they do regularly in US, actually. So I'm not sure what this movie wanted to parlay, if it's that everyone needs to chill and stop getting people fired and 'canceled' just for a complement, then yeah, I agree.
Some good kills here, the 'villain' gets to do, what he wanted, either way. :naughty:

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database