Ninjas from UK, please help! NECA Portal Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slinchafi

Vinyl Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Slovenia
So I'm pretty much new here, but since this community is so amazingly friendly, I guess this is as good a place to ask as any.

I'm a huge fan of the Portal games, and finally one of the best props in gaming history is being released :scat:

Unfortunately, the only place selling this in Europe is play.com, and they don't ship outside UK. If anyone would be willing to help me out, I will be forever grateful. This thing won't be out until May, but I fear if I sleep on the pre-order, it will be long gone - it's already sold out pretty much everywhere in US.

If anyone can help out, I will of course cover all the costs plus add a generous tip for the efforts.

I've experiments to run.
There is research to be done.

:D

Cheers!

I'm in the UK i'm sure I could help you out. Probably best idea would be to pre order it, when it turns up then I could take it to my local post office or a delivery company UPS etc... and get a quote as to how much it would cost to ship to you.

Reactions: Slinchafi
Wow, that was quick :) Awesome, thank you so much! Yeah, I will pre-order it with my credit card, I just need to put in a UK address for delivery. If it's ok with you, then just send me a PM with your address and I can already secure my piece :) We can work out all the details when the release date is near, to to figure out what options would suit you the best.

Again, many thanks!

I'm curious, WTF is it EEK!

29406113_300x300_1.jpg

The Valve Portal Prop Replica is a LIMITED EDITION 5000 piece run worldwide

One of the most requested video game replicas of all time, the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device (ASHPD) can now be yours. Life size 1:1 scale replica measures nearly 30" in length. It features both orange and blue LED lights and unique sounds that correspond to each colour. A 3 way switch allows you to select blue, orange or off and when you pull the trigger you activate the "firing" and sound. Limited to 5000 pcs worldwide.

It's a prop from a video game. This trailer for the first one sums it up pretty well:

This game hit me out of the blue, but it's one of the best, funniest and most clever games I've ever played.

Last edited by a moderator:
They cancelled this, at least from what Joystiq is claiming.

NECA -- National Entertainment Collectibles Association -- was set to create a line of replica portal guns for public purchase in May or June this year, but it has stopped production on the piece, citing "issues" and "no longer planning on making it for the foreseeable future," an email from distributor Entertainment Earth reads. "The item was never produced, and to the best of our knowledge will not be delivered to any retailer at this time."

Entertainment Earth has logged a protest with NECA, but for now it seems we'll all be $130 richer and a million-fold more heartbroken.

This is just classic Valve. Not that Valve actually has anything to do with this particular item, producer or distributor, but if it didn't create such wonderful games no one would be able to promise things such as a life-size, light-up replica portal gun, only to suddenly cancel their production without explanation. Classic Valve.

I saw that as well, got pretty scared honestly, but fortunately got an answer from NECA on their facebook page (on why it disappeared from their site and if it is being cancelled):

The item is coming as planned, retailers were soliciting to early for quantities they may not ever even have as it will be allotted.

Status
Not open for further replies.